PDA

View Full Version : Noise in tower from s&d, question on recovery?

rebel3229
2007-12-08, 01:07
Hi,

When i load vista i hear to sounds in my tower like, ping, ping, and i am going to ininstall to see whats happening.

Vista Home premium, 32 bit, 160gb sata, amd athlon x2 4600,2 g ram, ca av,
This started after i uninstalled the prior version, as tea timer was causing problems,now i don't use tea timer.

The attachment shows the warning, what do i do?
thanks

spybotsandra
2007-12-10, 12:51
Hello,

The sound is probably the floppy scanning of Spybot.
There are different ways to search for spies.
Spybot - Search & Destroy takes the advantage to check for all existing drives. Antivirus solutions do this also by the way.
It is checking inactive installations and storing a list of really available drives to avoid unnecessary lookups at later points. The creating of such an overview is taking place right at the start of Spybot - Search & Destroy. At this moment Spybot makes a quick scan to proove if itself is modified by malware or some kind of baddie. So this can take quite a few seconds. Please be patient.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

rebel3229
2007-12-10, 23:59
Hi,

When i load vista i hear to sounds in my tower like, ping, ping, and i am going to ininstall to see whats happening.

Vista Home premium, 32 bit, 160gb sata, amd athlon x2 4600,2 g ram, ca av,
This started after i uninstalled the prior version, as tea timer was causing problems,now i don't use tea timer.

The attachment shows the warning, what do i do?
thanks

There is no sound during the scanner .it's when i click on it to load it, ans when i click on scan, that is where the , "ping ping" comes from if you can imagne that sound, there is noother noise.

I see some posts on some sites, some people are taking it off of their recommended programs because of issues, i never had this before until i installed the latest version.

Another question, under immunize, there are 63000 objects, shown, 0 protected, what does that mean?
regards

spybotsandra
2007-12-11, 10:14
Hello,

If you are not immunizing with full administrator rights, Spybot-S&D might not have enough permissions to fully immunize all user accounts.

If you are using Windows Vista, you should also read this FAQ entry about getting Administrator rights under Vista: www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/42.html

As a current solution you can try to "Undo" the Immunisation. Now the bad products are allowed.
Then "Immunize" again. This should solve the problem for now.

Some more information is available in our forum:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?p=117162&posted=1#post117162
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=78

Another thing though is that immunization only works properly while your browser is closed, since otherwise your browser will overwrite immunization from time to time from the settings it loaded when it was started.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

rebel3229
2007-12-11, 20:01
Apparently i had not "immunized "this version after redownloading, that's why the 63000 objects are shown and o protected?
Last night i hit immunize, and 32,000 or so were protected. Why were they not all listed?

I hit the undo button and it returned to 0 protected.

What should i do?

thanks

I see s&d is not ranked as high as some others?
thanks

leilton
2007-12-11, 20:16
Apparently i had not "immunized "this version after redownloading, that's why the 63000 objects are shown and o protected?
Last night i hit immunize, and 32,000 or so were protected. Why were they not all listed?

What should i do?

thanks

thanks

HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE TOWER, HOWEVER ALSO FIND THAT IT TAKES FOR EVER FOR SPYBOT TO LOAD, IN FACT CLICK ON ICON SO MANY TIMES, (NEVER KNOW MIGHT HAVE GONE TO SLEEP) THAT TASK MANAGER SHOWS A NUMBER OF SPYBOT PROGRAMMES RUNNING, BUT NOT ON MY DESKTOP. ANYONE ELSE HAD/HAVE SAME PROBLEM???

rebel3229
2007-12-12, 03:49
Sorry to repost this but did not want to lose our ongoing
communication

What should i do?

thanks
thanks

spybotsandra
2007-12-12, 13:30
Hello,

We already have located the startup problems in Spybot S&D version 1.5 and fixed it.
Here is the download file for the fix - the new Spybot beta (http://www.spybotupdates.biz/files/beta/spybotsd15he-beta2.exe)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Sybot

rebel3229
2007-12-12, 18:51
Could you answer the rest of my question please?
thanks

spybotsandra
2007-12-13, 11:06
Hello,

Did you tried to immunize again after the undo?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

rebel3229
2007-12-13, 19:35
No, i wasn't sure what to do, run the fix, or uninstall?

Is the vista fix, beta?

confused

spybotsandra
2007-12-14, 10:54
Hello,

Just install it over the old version.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

rebel3229
2007-12-15, 05:55
Thanks

I reinstalled, immunized, 32,000 objects of 63,000 protected, ran the scan no items found, the noise appeared to be gone.

Will let you know, why only 32,000 objects of 63,00 prtected, ,?
thanks