PDA

View Full Version : Immunization .63000 objects none protected?

rebel3229
2007-12-09, 04:34
Hi

If i uninstall s&d ,Immunization ,63000 objects none protected,
it shows under immunization , 0 protected,

When i start to use uninstall, control panel, the vista home premium warning window comes up, are you sure you want to uninstall with the changes you made, yes or no? SO I CHECK NO and under recovery there are no items listed.
If i hit recovery again it says do you want to undo changes and i said no. I want to unistall it, but not sure if there are changes?
DO YOU HAVE to change anything or just uninstall and run the fix, and delete the folder?
vista home premium 32 bit, ie 7
thanks

Zenobia
2007-12-09, 06:24
That is just a warning before uninstalling Spybot to let you know that you could use recovery instead of uninstalling,etc.,if you'd encountered problems,for example,if you'd removed things marked as spyware by Spybot,then had problems with your computer due to it being a false positive,etc.It always pops up when uninstalling.If that's not the case,and you just want to uninstall,you'd just want to hit Yes,rather than No.But first,some optional things you could do before uninstalling Spybot 1.5 version:

Looks like you already are unimmunized.If you used teatimer and sdhelper,you also might like to uncheck those before uninstalling.Open Spybot,click mode,then Advanced Mode,saying yes to the prompt,then click Tools,then Resident.Uncheck (if checked) the following:
"Enable permanent blocking of bad addresses in Internet Explorer"
Also,while there,uncheck (if checked) the following:
Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.
Also,you might like to uncheck anything checked under IE tweaks before uninstalling.Click Tools,then IE Tweaks and uncheck(if checked) "Lock Hosts file read-only as protection against hijackers"I believe the other options aren't there on Vista,but if you see:
Lock IE start page setting against user changes (current user)
and Lock IE control panel against opening from within IE (current user) under IE tweaks,you might want to uncheck those two,too,if checked.

After that,you'd just carry on with the uninstall as you'd planned(uninstall,very small fix and deleting the folder in Program Files.)

walpoo
2008-01-15, 02:08
Hello, I am running latest Mozilla Firefox & I was having similar probs with unimunised items in my S&D running on Win2K. I read many posts re this problem, and then used several of these replies with no success - I was getting similar unimunised reports sometimes 6 - 7,000.
I decided to
(1) uninstal S&D,
(2) then I went to regedit and deleted the reg keys for Safer Networking in local machine & current user.
(3) THEN I noticed a Spybot S&D folder in my C:\d&S\user\application data. This folder had a couple of files in it, so I deleted this folder. Restart computer.
Then I reinstalled S&D 1.5, ran immunisation, and all items came up clean. This worked for me, so maybe worth a try. Just be careful when you go into regedit, you can crash your PC if not careful. Good health to all, Wayne (aka Walpoo)