PDA

View Full Version : Nasty Trojan, I think?

gl00pp
2007-12-10, 04:44
Hello and thankyou for taking the time to read this.

I have read what was recommended as far as running Kaspersky and Spybot and have done so, however im having specific problems.

A little background:
I am fairly competent ( at least I think I am) when it comes to spywear & malwear..... I format quite often and get all my updates and install Spybot with TeaTimer and don't do any shady surfing. Usually after a format and fresh install, Firefox will open and put me at Google in less than 2 seconds. I really really like that. I have been able to successfully keep it that way however; I had a friend over and without my knowledge the @#$@!! turned off my teatimer and proceeded to surf through proxies in order to get a "Gunz?" game to work. Now it takes 8 seconds for firefox to open to Google.
HELP
I know that I have been infected by something.
When I run Spybot from SafeMode, it hangs at item 71560 of 106700 "Cydoor" just hangs...for ever (hours) Ive tried to complete Spybot with out being in SafeMode to no avail.
I feel that I am rambling on, but I oh so love my computer running up to speed and dont mind formatting to make it happen..

One last thing, I have 3 physical hard drives, I have recently formatted 2 of the 3 HDDs (to try and rid my machine of this thing) I want to know, can a virus or spyware or malware re initialize itself AFTER a format of C:\ and a fresh install? to me it would seem so at this point. Thanks again.

Thanks again
HJT log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 7:38:59 PM, on 12/9/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
D:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvraidservice.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
D:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe
D:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
D:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe
d:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
d:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
d:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - D:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NVRaidService] C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvraidservice.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools-1033] "D:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] d:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Steam] "D:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -silent
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] d:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] d:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] d:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] d:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'Default user')
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - D:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - D:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/english/kavwebscan_unicode.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1197152769140
O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft AB - D:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - d:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - d:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - d:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

--
End of file - 3847 bytes

Kaspersky:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER REPORT
Sunday, December 09, 2007 4:56:15 PM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 5.0.98.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 10/12/2007
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 477939
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan Settings:
Scan using the following antivirus database: extended
Scan Archives: true
Scan Mail Bases: true

Scan Target - My Computer:
A:\
C:\
D:\
E:\
F:\
G:\

Scan Statistics:
Total number of scanned objects: 54643
Number of viruses found: 1
Number of infected objects: 2
Number of suspicious objects: 0
Duration of the scan process: 00:59:18

Infected Object Name / Virus Name / Last Action
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg7\Log\emc.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data\avg7log.log Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data\avg7log.log.lck Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\BOB\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\BOB\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\BOB\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\BOB\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\BOB\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\MSHist012007120920071210\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\BOB\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\BOB\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\BOB\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{5B43639E-888A-4735-B86B-AB95419A06EB}\RP120\change.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Debug\PASSWD.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Sti_Trace.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\edb.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\tmp.edb Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SecEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.BTR Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING.VER Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING1.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING2.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.DATA Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\Perflib_Perfdata_d7c.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\wiadebug.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\wiaservc.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log Object is locked skipped
D:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.log Object is locked skipped
D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\winui.gcf Object is locked skipped
D:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped
D:\System Volume Information\_restore{5B43639E-888A-4735-B86B-AB95419A06EB}\RP120\change.log Object is locked skipped
E:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped
E:\UTILS\BURNTHIS\mirc616.exe/data0001.bin Infected: not-a-virus:Client-IRC.Win32.mIRC.616 skipped
E:\UTILS\BURNTHIS\mirc616.exe mIRC: infected - 1 skipped

Scan process completed.

shelf life
2007-12-16, 17:53
hi,

i dont see anything that really stands out as malware in the hjt log or the online scan. spybot is updated with the latest def. files? is ad aware finding anything during a scan? (cookies dont count)

virus or spyware or malware re initialize itself AFTER a format of C:\
no, a reformat of a drive will remove everything.
but, malware, mainly a virus could reinfect the wiped drive from another drive and you have 2 other hd's
-------------------------------
lets try another online scan:
select it to scan all the physical drives:

ESET online scanner:

http://www.eset.com/onlinescan/

uses Internet Explorer only
check "YES" to accept terms
click start button
allow the ActiveX component to install
click the start button. the Scanner will update.
check both "Remove found threats" and "Scan unwanted applications"
click scan
when done you can find the scan log at:C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
please copy/paste that log in next reply.