PDA

View Full Version : Issues with IE 7 and Spybot 1.5

softwiz
2007-12-11, 01:11
I upgraded from SB 1.4 to 1.5 last week. I noticed two things after upgrading.

1. I would get a crash on exiting Internet Explorer sometimes.
2. The new Yahoo Mail would hang when going to mail.yahoo.com with a message which says "Loading Yahoo Mail" in the upper right hand corner.

After some sleuthing. I noticed that two Spybot add-ons had been added to Internet Explorer. Tools-Internet Options Programs tab Manage Add-ons.

I disabled Spybot - Search and Destroy Configuration and Spybot SD- IE Protection, exited IE and got back in and I can now use the new Yahoo Mail without issue. I also have not had a crash exiting IE since.

Yodama
2007-12-11, 07:23
thank you for reporting this.

Do you have other Internet Explorer add-ons running?
There may be an incompatibility issue with other add-ons.

softwiz
2007-12-11, 16:53
thank you for reporting this.

Do you have other Internet Explorer add-ons running?
There may be an incompatibility issue with other add-ons.

I'll get you a list this evening.

theguyau
2007-12-19, 06:36
I have Spybot 1.5.0.9 and Internet Explorer 6.0

Prior to installing Spybot 1.5 I had no issues whatsoever.
Since I installed it, I have had issues opening Internet Explorer - It will start a process - under task manager but intermittantly does not open the application for use. I have even tried re-installing IE6 with the same results.

I rebuilt my computer and tried again with the same results.

I had the same results on two other computers as well - Resolved the problem by installing Internet Explorer 7.0 - But not wish to use IE 7.0

Please help! Also I read somewhere that there is another update that would upgrade me to 1.5.1.13 - where can I find this?

spybotsandra
2007-12-19, 09:59
Hello,

There is already the
1.5.1.18 (http://www.spybotupdates.biz/files/beta/spybotsd15he-beta2.exe) Spybot beta out. Please try this.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

theguyau
2007-12-19, 14:19
Thanks I tried that, no difference. The worst part is that after I open a few of these non-viewable Iexplore windows, the system tends to crash. Iexplore works fine when I uninstall Spybot.

Yodama
2007-12-20, 07:57
hello theguyau,

do you have other Internet Explorer add-ons installed?
Your issue sound like the add-ons incompatiblity between SDHelper and GoogleToolbar on IE6, Which is why this can be resolved with the IE7. Another way is to disable the SDHelper, you can do this within Spybot S&D advanced mode. Navigate to tools - resident. Alternatively disable the GoogleToolbar.

In any case I would not recommend the IE6, currently the IE7 is the better choice if you have to use the IE.

theguyau
2007-12-23, 07:30
That Worked! Thanks vey much!