PDA

View Full Version : spybot v1.5 bug

chewdz
2007-12-11, 13:26
i downloaded the new version of spybot v1.5 and installed it
however, the program hung after updating and had to force it to end via task manager, after which the program cannot be started again.
can someone tell me what's the problem and the solution to it? i rely on spybot a lot to scan my computer for trojan horses and other malwares.

NickG1981
2007-12-11, 15:34
Hey. i think that might be ab problem with the new spybot program because it does the same thing to me as well wheneveri try and update it....it hangs and usually does come ou t of the hang but after a few mins.....i was doing research on here and found out that others are having the same prob as we are...what operating system do you use? i am using vista...i though it was becasue i am using that.....

Nick

2007-12-11, 19:01
i use it and it works great. search the forums for it. it fixes alot of issues such as that.

chewdz
2007-12-13, 11:08
After downloading patched version of spybot by the spybot team, everything was done smoothly. However, when i booted up the comp the next day, my explorer (namely explorer.exe) could not work well because of the file SDDelFile.exe was duplicating as a process and flooded my computer. It replicated until about 200+ processes and i had to kill the processes one by one. Wat is happening? Can someone from the spybot team help me out?

chewdz
2007-12-13, 11:58
To the previous post, the patched version is the actually the halloween edition

tashi
2007-12-14, 20:26
Hello.

i rely on spybot a lot to scan my computer for trojan horses and other malwares.

Is it possible the machine is infected? Also please open Spybot Search & Destroy > Help > About, and let us know the version and definitions stated.

Other topic: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=21344

Reboot Delete Helper (http://forums.spybot.info/project.php?issueid=68)

chewdz
2007-12-15, 11:51
i'm sorry cos i uninstalled it after the incidnet but i think i still can remember the version the the definations....... the version should be 1.5.1.18 and the definations should be dated at 2007-12-12
my system should not be infected cos i had it scaned everyday when i finished with my internet surfing