PDA

View Full Version : Getting Spybot to scan....

auntiej500
2007-12-12, 17:16
I'm having trouble with the new Spybot (1.5. every iteration), beginning with the first 1.5 upgrade and continuing with the beta 1.5.17 and 1.5.18.

I can download, setup, check for updates, and immunize. I cannot, however, get the program to check for problems. It claims to "start scan" and then sits there and shows no activity until eventually it decides I'm too low on memory.

Every version of Spybot I've ever used (up to and including 1.4) ran like champ. I've search this site but haven't seen this issue addressed.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled and rebooted probably eight or ten times in the past few months. And, yes, I've disabled the Tea Timer.

Any ideas?

PepiMK
2007-12-12, 17:56
Hmmm... let me check a few generic questions first:

Which browsers do you have installed?
Have you tried switching to Advanced mode and selecting just a partial scan on the Settings -> File sets page?
Does scanning for usage tracks only work (see above)?

auntiej500
2007-12-12, 18:14
I'm running the IE7 (on XP sp2) and Firefox 2.0.(latest).

I just went into Advanced Mode and tried your suggestions. The first, a partial scan, came up with the same result: it appears to start but just hangs.

When I ran the usage tracks only scan, the Spybot program crashed. That was, at least, a different result. :D