PDA

View Full Version : PC keeps rebooting when I run Immunize

Sasha
2007-12-12, 23:19
Ok I have an odd issue, every time I use the Immunize feature my PC reboots. My HJT log looks fine, AVG hasn’t picked up any issues on my PC neither has Windows defender. I am able to immunize and undo in safe mode but under a normal boot it reboots every time. So far I have scanned for viruses with AVG scanned for spyware with windows defender and with spybot s&d. I have gone in under safe mode and removed the immunize feature and I also removed spyware blasters protection. I uninstalled cleaned the registry and reinstalled spybot but to no avail. I ran HJT but looking at the log file there does not seem to be any issues. I have not gone to any pr0n sites or any warez sites so I doubt I have any nasties on my pc. So what could be causing this issue? (I am running spybot 1.5.1.18 with windows xp sp2. However I have had this issue since I had spybot 1.4 on my sys)

Sasha
2007-12-13, 06:41
Ok I did a couple of tests, first I disabled the automatic restart in the event of a system failure and hit immunize. About half way through I got the blue screen of death. Here is what was displayed on the blue screen: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA TECHNICAL INFO
STOP 0x00000050 (0Xfff7fff8, 0x00000000, 0x8054aa32, 0x00000000). I rebooted and tried it again and got the exact same error. However this error does not occur in safe mode so I am a bit puzzled as to what is going on, as this error has seemed to pop up out of nowhere.

Sasha
2007-12-13, 21:40
Anyone?????

tashi
2007-12-14, 20:09
Hello.

I have not gone to any pr0n sites or any warez sites so I doubt I have any nasties on my pc. So what could be causing this issue? (I am running spybot 1.5.1.18 with windows xp sp2. However I have had this issue since I had spybot 1.4 on my sys)

I am not sure what the cause of this might be, see this topic regarding a rebooting issue:

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=10207

But it is strange that you had the same problem with v1.4. How much RAM is on the machine?

Regards.

Sasha
2008-02-06, 23:39
Just an update to this issue.

Upgrading to 1.5.2.20 has resolved the issue; I can now immunize my system without the system rebooting.

tashi
2008-02-07, 19:52
Thank you for letting us know, glad it's resolved for you. :bigthumb: