PDA

View Full Version : Avg WILL NOT UPDATE

bender1111
2007-12-13, 17:17
I just reinstalled Logitech quick cam 5000 software from the Logitech website. During the process they requested my AVG firewall be turned off.
I did as instructed, after download I turned AVG back on and it will not update I get the message;
An error has occured during the update process. The update cannot be completed.
I ran Spybot seach, it said everything was okay, but in the bottom left hand corner a message said there was 40 problems?
Can you help me out.
Thanks

bender1111
2007-12-13, 23:26
MY AVG is now updating but when i am in windows explorer I do not have acess to many files. I have admin privliges.
These files are; Bender is my account name.
c:\ Documents and Settings
c;\User\Bender/Application Data
cokies
local settings
my documents
net hood
print hood
recent
send to
start menu
templates

Hmmmm can you help
Thanks

spybotsandra
2007-12-14, 10:58
Hello,

What exactly do you mean with "at the bottom left hand corner a message said there was 40 problems"?
Do you have a screenshot of this?

Probably that are only usage tracks?

Usage tracks are your fingerprints in your system. Whenever you visit a page with your browser, or just open any file, that information is stored deep inside Windows. In most cases that is very useful – if you want to open that file again, you can select it from a list instead of typing the whole filename or browsing the whole directory structure again.

But in some cases you may want to hide your activity, because spyware and internet attackers may use that information. Spybot-Search&Destroy can remove some of the most important and common tracks on your system.
You may still decide to keep a threat, or just a usage track. Maybe you don't want your list of most recently used Word documents removed?
At this point you have three options.

* You could decide on ignoring all usage tracks. In that case you could open the File sets page on the Settings section
of the program, and disable the Usage tracks entries.
* Or if you want to just keep all tracks from a specific product, just right-click a product in the results list.
* Finally, if you want to keep just one file, that is possible the same way

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Tom.K
2007-12-14, 19:22
when i am in windows explorer I do not have acess to many files. I have admin privliges.
These files are; Bender is my account name.
c:\ Documents and Settings
c;\User\Bender/Application Data
cokies
local settings
my documents
net hood
print hood
recent
send to
start menu
templates
Try to check who has a access for those folders:
Go to those folders and then do next:
Right click on folder > Properties (You will see folder info) >
Go to "Security" tab (It should be there if you are logged as admin. > Under "Group and user names:" you will see all users which have access to that folder. If your account isn't in "Group and user names:", then that means that you don't have any access. Under that you should see Permissions for (selected user name):
and checkboxes.

bender1111
2007-12-15, 17:01
There is still a HISTORY file and a tempory internet files i can not get access to?
They don't give me any info except what it is, no security or details?
Can you explain why or what I need to do.
Thanks for your time

bender1111
2007-12-15, 18:00
I've added a Deckard scan. Can you reveiw it and see if there is something causing my problems
Thanks
Terry

Edit. Sorry logs removed, please see: Please do NOT post hjt logs in the Spybot forum, (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=1266)

tashi
2007-12-15, 20:17
Hello.

I see you used vundofix, were you advised to do so for an infection?

Regards. :)

bender1111
2007-12-15, 20:19
Yes i was
Should I repost in the other forum

tashi
2007-12-15, 20:30
Hi there.

I think that would be best, a helper will take a look at the logs and advise you when able.

Just the logs requested please.

Cheers.

bender1111
2007-12-19, 01:52
OS system Windows Vista.
The firewall starts up then shuts down, a pop up message says there is multiple security issues, the active area changes, the screen will blink, go black twice,and come back on and the avg firewall is enabled again?
Is this an issue with vista or a bug has invaded my system.
Also some files which I had access to previously will give me a "access denied "pop up?

Can you help out any info would be appreciated.
Thanks

tashi
2007-12-19, 07:18
Hello bender1111.

Hi there.

I think that would be best, a helper will take a look at the logs and advise you when able.

Just the logs requested please.

Cheers.