PDA

View Full Version : Unblocking statcounter

primal
2007-12-15, 00:53
Hello! Spybot blocked statcounter.com. I did go in and create an "exclude" for it but how to I unblock it?? I can't go to that url to check my webstats.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Michelle

md usa spybot fan
2007-12-15, 16:21
Access to Statcounter.com is blocked by Spybot's Resident "SDHelper" as a Blacklisted URL.

To stop "SDHelper" from blocking this URL, go into Internet Explorer > Tools > select "Spybot – Search Destroy Configuration" > then in the "Spybot-S&D - Configuration" window in the "Settings" tab under "When encountering bad things" there are three options:
options:
Block all pages silently
Display dialog when blocking
Ask for blocking confirmation
Select "Ask for blocking confirmation" and click "OK".

Exit Internet Explorer and restart it.

When you encounter a URL that would ordinarily just be blocked in "Block all pages silently" mode, Spybot will issue a "Spybot-S&D Bad URL Blocker" dialog. The dialog allows you to either "Allow" or "Deny" the access and also to select among the following options:
Ask me again next time
Remember for this session
Always react this way
When you encounter a URL related to Statcounter.com, select "Always react this way" and then "Allow" the access.

You will most likely get several "Spybot-S&D Bad URL Blocker" dialogs trying to access Statcounter.com. Handle each as described above.

Additional note: Spybot's immunization process adds Statcounter.com to the registry to stop the storing of cookies from Statcounter.com. If you encounter any problems related to blocked cookies from Statcounter.com:
Go into Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet options > Privacy tab.
Then in the "Settings" section click the "Sites" button.
In the "Per Site Privacy Actions" dialog section near the bottom titled "Managed websites", scroll down to "Statcounter.com" you will see that it says "Always Block".
Highlight the entry by clicking on it and then click the "Remove" button.
Back out of the dialogs by clicking "OK" followed by "OK".

RidgeRun
2008-02-11, 20:20
Spybot lists StatCounter as a bad URL – why?
We use StatCounter on our website

www.LeanAndTender.com
I have used both Spybot and StatCounter for over four years. This problem of Spybot not allowing access to the StatCounter website, just started (for us) with the Spybot-S&D version 1.5 -- We have just upgraded to SpyBot 1.52 and no help, it still blocks the StatCounter website and gives the same warning. I finally did find the option to allow access to the StatCounter website. These are the instructions in SpyBot's help file: “Open the Tools menu in your Internet Explorer and choose Spybot-S&D - Configuration. There you will find a drop down menu … where you should select ….”

Hope this can get fixed.

Thanks,
Ron L

md usa spybot fan
2008-02-11, 21:39
RidgeRun (Ron L)

I'm sorry that I can't answer your question:

Spybot lists StatCounter as a bad URL – why?
However, you indicated:

… I finally did find the option to allow access to the StatCounter website. …
Were you able to overcome your problem of Spybot not allowing access to the StatCounter website using the instructions that I provided to primal (http://forums.spybot.info/member.php?u=32686) or is there some other "...option to allow access to the StatCounter website ..." that you found tha may help other users?

RidgeRun
2008-02-14, 18:19
Yes, I am now able to access the StatCounter website. By using the instructions in SpyBot's help file: “Open the Tools menu in your Internet Explorer and choose Spybot-S&D - Configuration. There you will find a drop down menu" … and selected …. "Ask for blocking confirmation" .

I am presuming that Spybot S&D upgrades now pinpoint or list StatCounter as an undesirable website.
Can't this be corrected?

md usa spybot fan
2008-02-15, 23:05
Post deleted. I posted in the wrong thread!