PDA

View Full Version : Programs wont open! + Browser crasher on certain keywords!

Wight
2007-12-15, 20:22
I have the problem that my copy of F-secure wont open even though i have installed it properly. Also ad-aware 2007 wont open. I'm suspecting this is because a virus or some kind of malware. I also can not visit the f-secure or norton or any other antivirus site, because after doing so in a few seconds the browser closes. After i do a scan with spybot i can access the sites, but the programs wont open. Also my security center is always turned off. I have to manually change a registry key to get security center to start next time i boot my computer. But if i dont do it again it will not be turned on the next time i boot. Can i some how permanentally get it to stay at =2 (cos it gets changed to =4) so that it will be turned on all the time?

How can i fix this problem with programs not opening? Any idea what i have?

ps. im running windows xp on an apple with an intel processor if that is of any use to know.

Wight
2007-12-15, 20:40
also if i go to the directory

F-secure Internet Security/Anti-Virus

explorer crashes and boots itself up (because if Dr. Watson of course)

but every time i go into that folder it crashes..
This is so weird, i have no idea why this is happening or what i should do o.O

Mr_JAk3
2007-12-18, 20:43
Hello Wight :)

Sounds like an infection.

Let's see if you're able to post a HijackThis log...

Download HJTInstall.exe (http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/threat_analytics/HJTInstall.exe) to your Desktop.
Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe to install it.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
Click on Install.
It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
Copy/Paste the log to your next reply please.

Don't use the Analyse This button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.