PDA

View Full Version : registry changes

smeghead
2007-12-18, 21:35
18/12/2007 18:46:05 Denied (based on user decision) value "omfaxequw" (new data: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\omfaxequw.exe"

hi there, new to this, but can anybody tell me what this is pls??
spybot resident keeps picking this up as a registry change, i deny it because not sure what it is but it comes back every time i start my PC.
any help would be appreciated
thanks

spybotsandra
2007-12-20, 10:39
Hello,

I am sorry, but this item is totally unknown, so denying would be the best. If you surf the web and without any user interaction the teatimer pops up and warns about a registry change it is better to "deny", but if you install something by yourself it is OK to "allow" the change.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

2007-12-20, 18:31
18/12/2007 18:46:05 Denied (based on user decision) value "omfaxequw" (new data: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\omfaxequw.exe"

hi there, new to this, but can anybody tell me what this is pls??
spybot resident keeps picking this up as a registry change, i deny it because not sure what it is but it comes back every time i start my PC.
any help would be appreciated
thanks

i would personally deny and remember, then right click teatimer and exit. go to my computer-c-program files-sybot s&d and open teatimer again. this will create a snapshot of everything, and it shouldn't ask you again.
that file looks like a file that handles faxing, i have a similar file name under my modem. j/s and adding my input.