PDA

View Full Version : SpybotSB.exe removed by a spyware

Geoffroy
2007-12-19, 13:54
Hi, Spybot 1.4 was installed on my computer but it never work because spybotsb.exe is removed. I have installed spybotsb.exe but when I finish the installation spybotsb.exe is alawas absent. Is it possible a spyware or a virus removed automatically spybot. Also, Avast is installed on my computer and I think they are missing part for avast. I didn't removed anything manually.

spybotsandra
2007-12-20, 10:29
Hello,

Usually, we would ask you to create a Spybot - Search & Destroy system report to see whether there is some new spyware that especially targets Spybot - Search & Destroy (there has been malware removing anti-spyware products in the past). In this case, we may need to utilize a different tool to find out if there is some pest that did this, and if so where it is exactly. Please download HijackThis: http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
Follow the instructions on that tutorial page to create a log. Please mail that log to our detectives at detections(at)spybot.info. Make sure the subject is clear; we're currently collecting reports on this threat, so we suggest you start the subject with [Spybot Attacked]. Thanks a lot for your help, and we promise to find this one asap!

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Geoffroy
2007-12-21, 14:38
I have found a solution to bypass the spyware. I have installed Spybot on a other computer and I renamed spybotsd.exe and copied it on my infected computer. I able to scan my infected computer with spybot 1.5 and it removed many spyware but I think the one who delete spybotsd.exe is always in my computer. I will post the log to detectives