PDA

View Full Version : AdwareRemover2007 Help Please!!

SimonWrightRoscoe
2007-12-19, 15:27
Hi there,

I am new to these kind of forum's so please dont slaughter me!!

I was recently trying to help a friend remove AdwareRemover2007 from his PC, but to no avail. I have tried all sorts of programs (Ad-aware SE, AVG, Spybot, SuperAntiSpyware...) and also tried to uninstall manually.
I have the Infected PC with me but unfortunately cant set up both at once as only got one monitor!

Anyway basically I used a step-by-step guide which was posted on www.spywareremove.com/removeAdwareRemover2007 but I was a little tired at the time and I missed the first step which was to do a search for Adware folders, copy and paste the path into the add. bar. etc etc...

I ran regedit and deleted all traces of AdwareRemover2007, then restarted in safe mode and searched for all related file types and removed them. But it is still present on restart, although the application process is not showing in task manager anymore.

How do I list all running applications and print them, and more importantly how do i remove this extremely annoying program? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks, Simon.:santa:

SimonWrightRoscoe
2007-12-19, 15:34
By the way I cannot connect the infected PC to internet, I have saved HijackThis to disk along with Smitfraudfix and startuplist but havent ran them yet!