PDA

View Full Version : Virtumonde on computer and can't remove

ningauble42
2007-12-20, 02:59
I will give you a story first

On 12/12/07 when I was surfing the net I got a virus warning from my avast virus protection. I did as I was told and told it to remove it.

Right after that the popups started coming. I then after a long period of headaches downloaded spyware terminator (however I did download one of the bad one's too by accident due to the popups, not sure which one). Anyway I found that a compay named webbuying.net loaded their software on my machine and I could go to their web site, click on the remove button and it would uninstall their software. Well, it did not work well, but after going through a bunch of girations I think I removed it. But the problem kept coming back.

So now I downloaded your software. When I executed it and it began to run it kept saying it found Virtumonde do you want to remove it. I kept saying yes, but it kept coming back. Anyway I termintated it, disconnected from the net and reran your software. It found 29 problems which I deleted all of them. Some are AdRevolver, Bookmark Express, Smitfaud-c.coreservice, Virtrumonde.ddc (6 entries), Virtumonde (7 entries), Zedo.

I then reran your software and it stated it was clean. I connected to the net, surfed around and the popups started coming. Disconnected from the net, reran your software and it came up with the following

Virtumonde (3 entries)

The details on one is
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3514461561-3019831346-2065049576-1007\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\ADD

They are all register keys

Looks like when I went back on the net it re-downloaded

Also, how do I know if Resident is on a real time run? I thought there would be something in the lower right hand corner showing something running but I don't see it on my machine

HELP!!!

tashi
2007-12-20, 04:12
Please follow the procedure in this link:
"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22)

A helper will advise you when available. Regards.