PDA

View Full Version : Smitfraud-C AND Command & Winfixer 2007

gilmourfam
2007-12-22, 18:49
My log is too long to post. Anyway, it says I have 38 infected files or viruses. Kapersky log. I have trouble with zedo pop ups and also with some sort of other smitfraud/command.exe virus. I removed them by restarting in safe mode and running S&D. I have had problmes in the past with VIrtumonde.

Please help.

Thanks,

gilmourfam
2007-12-23, 16:12
I have been having lots of trouble lately with pop ups all the time. Most of them say powered by Zedo. I scanned with Spybot. It found Smitfraud-C and another virus called Command something. It didn't find anything about winfixer. It showed that these things were in my registry keys, my documents, and just about everywhere else. It couldn't remove these particular items for some reason. Then I re-started in safe mode and ran the Spybot S&D program again. This time it said successfully removed. When I re-started in normal mode a box came up that was like the computer was trying to find some files that were gone. (only saw that once or twice. It has since stopped). Anyway, though S&D says the infection has been removed, when I get online there are about a billion pop ups, the kind that try to trick you. When it says "Your computer could be infected by spyware, click here to run the scan". If you click cancel it goes to the webpage or starts the scan. Most of these say winfixer 2007.

Please Please Please help. I have ran a Kopersky log and it is too long to post here.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

tashi
2007-12-23, 16:56
Hello.

Please see the stickied procedure for this forum: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Please start a new topic, I have closed this one as helpers look for zero response.

Regards.