PDA

View Full Version : Won't display webpage

jobeck1
2007-12-27, 14:07
I downloaded SpyBot on my daughter's laptop and did the update and scan and then fixed the problems. Now, for some reason, it won't display my Excite webpage. It does nothing, I don't even get the error page that you usually get when a page won't load. I went to "Restore" but there is nothing there. Any ideas on how to get my Excite page back?

Thx in advance.

spybotsandra
2007-12-27, 15:06
Hello,

Please open the Tools menu in your Internet Explorer and choose 'Spybot - Search Destroy Configuration'.
There you will find a drop down menu where you should select "Ask for blocking confirmation".
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybotsd15/index.html (3rd picture)
If you want to visit a blocked website choose "Allow". Hope this solves the problem.
If this doesn't work please run Spybot-S&D and select "Spybot-S&D" --> "Immunize" in the navigation bar on the left. Please hit "Undo".
Then choose 'Tools' from the navigation bar on the left and untick the checkbox in front of the 'SdHelper'.

But Warning: now the bad downloads won't be blocked any longer! Maybe you have to restart your computer now. Then try again to open your favourite pages. Don't forget to "immunize" again after visiting that page.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot