PDA

View Full Version : XP System crashes halfway through spybot scan

sirbillnic
2007-12-28, 14:37
Hi, I hope you can help, I have un-installed and re-installed spybot, have run the re-set settings, the miniremoval_coolwebsearch_smartkiller and the registration entries, but it is still crashing the system everytime I run a scan.

Does anybody know of any conflicts or bugs, as I have not been able to complete a spybot scan for a month. I use Panda protection as well.

Any clues/help will be much appreciated. :)

md usa spybot fan
2007-12-28, 15:16
Can you discribe what you mean by the "system crashes"? Are you getting any messages? Is the system restarting, powering down, etc.?

sirbillnic
2007-12-28, 15:55
Can you discribe what you mean by the "system crashes"? Are you getting any messages? Is the system restarting, powering down, etc.?

No messages, it gets too just before halfway, and crashes, the system does restart automatically when it does this.

honda12
2007-12-28, 15:58
what entry does spybot get up to during the scan before your computer crashes?

sirbillnic
2007-12-28, 16:11
what entry does spybot get up to during the scan before your computer crashes?

It gets too Smitfraud-c, did not see the number it reached as it happened so quickly.

spybotsandra
2007-12-28, 18:46
Hello,

Which version of Spybot do you run?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

sirbillnic
2007-12-28, 19:07
Hello,

Which version of Spybot do you run?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Hi, I un-installed the older version then installed the latest version today, but it still crashes, it is spybotsd 1.5.1.15 I then updated the updates ran the immunize which was fine, ran the check problems and crashed around smitfraud-c.

rickeb1
2008-01-03, 07:34
I am having a similar problem (see http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=21157). I keep checking back periodically to see if any solution has been found, but I haven't seen one so far.

spybotsandra
2008-01-03, 10:22
Hello,

Please try the new Spybot beta (http://www.spybotupdates.biz/files/beta/spybotsd15he-beta2.exe).

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

peebs24
2008-01-09, 09:05
Yup, I have exactly the same problem. My system crashes - shuts down - half way through the scan at or about 54000/109775 Vario Anti virus.
IT WAS ALSO VERY SLOW TO START.
Tried the beta u/g which speeded up the start to normal but still shut down my computer at mid scan. I have uninstalled SB until a proper fix can be found - pity!!

spybotsandra
2008-01-09, 10:23
Hello,

Please try the following:
Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy in "Advanced Mode" and go to "Settings" -> "Ignore products".
There tick the checkbox in front of MalwareC.sbi and Malware.sbi .
Please try if the scan works now.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot