PDA

View Full Version : desperate to uninstall and not working

anniep34
2007-12-28, 22:40
I am trying to uninstall the program because it keeps crashing my system but I cannot uninstall it from add remove programs. It says : unins000.dat does not exist.
When I try to manually delete the spybot folder I get this error: cannot delete SDHelper.dll Access denied. My husband is very upset because I downloaded this program and the computer has been slow and freezes ever since. Can anyone please help me to get rid of it for now? Thanks.

md usa spybot fan
2007-12-28, 22:52
anniep34:

Exit all Windows Internet Explorer sessions and then try to delete:
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy
If that does not work, restart your system and do not start Windows Internet Explorer before attempting to delete:
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy
ps: I would like to know the details of how Spybot "... keeps crashing my system ...".

anniep34
2007-12-29, 00:51
Now when I try to log on, the system hangs on the picture at the desktop of whoever is trying to log on for about 15 minutes. I tried to open in safe mode to manually delete the spybot folder and then when I try to log back on I get the cannot find SDDelfile.exe and I can't get on at all. It took me this long to get back on. All I want to do is take this program off altogether and it seems no matter what I do I cannot delete it. This is worse than the spyware in the first place. Add and remove programs doesn't work either.

md usa spybot fan
2007-12-29, 05:51
re: SDDelfile.exe file

It seems that you may have the same problem that has been reported in this thread:
how do i remove spybot sddelfile from system!?
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=21140

anniep34
2007-12-29, 19:35
I had all the same problems as in the other thread and could not get on the computer at all. I finally got frustrated and took the computer to the repair shop and paid $50.00 plus tax to get it working again. It was expensive but at least it worked. He said maybe part of the problem was that it didn't make you uninstall the previous version before installing the update. However, my husband was so frustrated with this waste of two days not getting on the computer that we are not going to use that program again anyway.