PDA

View Full Version : Unable to uncheck IE tweak IE Lock

totallylost
2007-12-29, 05:36
Hi

I'm trying to remove the page lock from the "ie tweaks"
and the lock won't stay removed. I clear the checkbox and when I move off of ie tweaks and then come back and there is a check mark back in the box.
any ideas anyone?
I looked in the registry and it is REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1). It is locked but I am unable to keep the checkbox cleared. I have zonealarm pro 5.1

thanks

md usa spybot fan
2008-01-07, 16:22
I believe that ZoneAlarm Pro has an option to lock the HomePage. As long as the the following registry entry is set to a dword:00000001 the IE Tweak in Spybot will show as set:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel]
"Homepage"=dword:00000001
Check the settings in ZoneAlarm (I think option may be in ZoneAlarm > Firewall > Main > Advanced).

totallylost
2008-01-08, 16:21
Hi
I looked in Zonealarm and couldn't find the lock setting. I even checked with the help feature. Also I have a "1" in the reg string. I have been using Zonealarm for years and this has just started to happen in the while. I checked the lock box in spybot to stop MSN from hijacking my home page. It hijacked it and I went to look at the check box in spybot and it was checked. I tried to uncheck it so that I could change my homepage back to what I want it to be and that was when I found out I was unable to uncheck the box in spybot.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance