PDA

View Full Version : Win32.Agent.bfj

bud001
2008-01-02, 06:33
Happy New Year!

So i run spybot today and got Win32.Agent.bfj. I didnt download the log so i am not sure where to find it. I noticed it is a "new" inclusion. Can someone tell me what it is because the describtion is scary (it download information from my compouter and try to execute it? Does it mean my passwords are compromised?)

Found the log (Is the "All Users/Application Data" Folder hidden?) and here is what it says:

Win32.Agent.bfj: [SBI $145000FB] Settings (Registry value, fixed)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\SecurityProviders\SecurityProviders=...ZWEBAUTH.DLL...

Win32.Agent.bfj: [SBI $9B652D6E] Settings (Registry value, fixed)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Control\SecurityProviders\SecurityProviders=...ZWEBAUTH.DLL...

tashi
2008-01-02, 17:37
Hi there.

As Win32.Agent.bfj was in the 2007-12-26 updates and you are the second person today reporting this, could you do the following please:
How to report False Positives (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=19117)

Just in case. :)

Buster
2008-01-03, 07:24
Hi,

please restore both registry values via the recovery section and download the latest updates to get a fixed detection file.

bud001
2008-01-07, 10:27
Hi,

please restore both registry values via the recovery section and download the latest updates to get a fixed detection file.

..... How does one do that? I am not very good with computers so i need some slow step by step instructions.

md usa spybot fan
2008-01-07, 15:12
bud001:

Go into Spybot > Recovery.
Look for a Backup item titled Win32.Agent.bfj.
Expand the item (+ to the left of the detection).
Make sure you Maximize the Spybot screen so that you can see the date and time that the recovery items were stored.
Select the two Win32.Agent.bfj recovery items that correspond to the date and time of the items fixed above.
Click on the "Recover selected items" button.