PDA

View Full Version : IE not working after installing SpyBot 1.5.1

Jobbo
2008-01-02, 15:30
All,

I'm after a bit of help with a problem I have on two separate machines. My work laptop had been running much slower than usual so I installed SpyBot S&D 1.5.1 and AdAware to see if there was anything malicious lurking on the box. Nothing dodgy showed up in a scan from either program so I defragged and things settled down.

Whilst I was at it I loaded S&D onto my home Desktop as well thinking I might as well kill two birds with one stone. Again no problems detected.

However, after that I've had massive problems getting IE to work. On the desktop I'm running IE6 (XP SP2) and when I try to open IE nothing will happen, eventually after trying a number of times it will start up and will run fine for a bit but obviously the instances that have started but failed in the background often catch up with me and things like printing die on their a$$. When I close windows I get the "End Program" pop ups for the corresponding number of instances that didn't load.

On the Laptop, running IE7 (XP SP2 again) the IE window will open but it then just hangs and it seems no matter how many times I try I can't get it to load.

Unsure as to which was causing the problem I first removed AdAware from the laptop, rebooted and tried IE with no joy. I then removed Spybot, rebooted and hey presto I'm typing this message on these forums. So I suspect it is Spybot that's causing the problem.

Anyone seen this before? Have I just missed something obvious? Or should I just give it up as a bad job?

Thanks in advance,

Jobbo

spybotsandra
2008-01-02, 15:44
Hello,

We already have located the startup problems in Spybot S&D version 1.5 and fixed it.
Here is the download file for the fix: the new Spybot beta (http://www.spybotupdates.biz/files/beta/spybotsd15he-beta2.exe)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Jobbo
2008-01-02, 16:29
Cool,

Thanks Sandra, I'll give it a bash

Jobbo