PDA

View Full Version : Immunization hangs

Thailand_for_YOU
2008-01-03, 17:52
Spybot 1.5.1.17; Latest detection update 1/2/2008; Windows XP Pro (SP2)

Problem: the progress of immunization process stops with the Hosts file not immunized.

Unprotected: 31
Protected: 80929
Total: 80960

P.S.
I have tried to add (again) the Hosts file (under the Tools) but the Immunize page do not have a stop button to try the process again.

P.P.S.
It was impossible to close the program normally, just with the "Ctrl+Alt+Del". And after I restarted it the progress indication on the Immunization page hangs again, though at this time all items were shown as protected. And again the program refused to close.

md usa spybot fan
2008-01-03, 18:12
Try the following:
Go into Spybot > Immunize.
Right click on the right hand pane and select "Deselect all".
Scroll down to the bottom of the right hand pane and under Windows check "Global (Hosts)".
Click the "Undo" button at the top of the right pane.
Then click the "Immunize" button at the top of the right pane.

Thailand_for_YOU
2008-01-03, 18:28
Try the following:
Right click on the right hand pane and select "Deselect all".
Scroll down to the bottom of the right hand pane and under Windows check "Global (Hosts)".
Click the "Undo" button at the top of the right pane.
Then click the "Immunize" button at the top of the right pane.

Did that.

Should I "Select all" after that? Or just leave it Deselected.

md usa spybot fan
2008-01-03, 18:50
Leave the selections anyway you would like them. In other words if you would like:
Right click on the right hand pane and select "Select all".
The only reason that I had you deselect everything except the "Global (Hosts)" was so that the "Undo" and subsequent "Immunize" was dealing with only the Hosts file.

Thailand_for_YOU
2008-01-04, 12:22
md usa spybot fan
Thanks for the reply.

After I have clicked on "Select all" and then on the Immunize button, the progress indicator hangs quite a long time first at ~25%, then jumps to ~90% and hangs again.
All items (Total: 80960) are reported as Protected.

Prior to the lastest update, the immunization function worked at a lightning speed.

Could it be that some files in my installation are corrupted?

md usa spybot fan
2008-01-04, 15:49
When I immunize 57276 items are immunized. The process takes an average of just over 31 seconds. My biggest delay is immunizing the first set of the 7835 "Domains" entries [\SOFTWARE (Domains)] which takes 12 1/2 seconds. After that there is a slight delay during each of the subsequent "Domains" immunizations.

I can't account for the difference between your past observations and your current one. However, I doubt if your installation is corrupted. Immunization requires between 4 and 6 registry accesses for each of the items immunized (Cookies, Domains, IPs and Plugins). That is a lot of activity in a relatively short period of time.

Thailand_for_YOU
2008-01-04, 17:50
Thanks again md usa spybot fan