PDA

View Full Version : Adware Punisher still affecting

munich_masala
2006-02-03, 01:49
Hi All,

I am sorry if I am giving any less information or am missing something, actually am a newbie and don't know how to proceed. I will tell in brief what happened and now what'S status.

While accesing some websites, for few moments i switched off my antivirus (Avast) as it was not allowing website to display properly. I know it was my mistake, but I thought only a couple of minutes and then I will do a scan and would remove all problem... but evidently to you guys, I was wrong. Spywares and Adwares bombarded my machine and sat on it... My IE, desktop, show desktop feature... and many other applications didn't work.

Didn't know what to do, so i just downloaded a trial version of Anti spyware from download.com and sweeped my machine of spyware. That software did cleaned major part... now at least for few instances my IE was working but at certain times, adwarepunisher pops up and doesn't allow me to browse... also my desktop still was problem, with yellow screen and asking me to download adwarepunisher.

Then while googling for this word, I came across this forum. I went through tutorial and simply downloaded Spybot Search and Destroy. Now my IE is working perfectly (i think so), but my desktop still shows same old crap. It actually creates a htm file in c:\windows with name adw, I tried deleing this file, but it again gets created itself and is being used as Desktop...

I don't know what to do... Spybot S&D still tells me "No Threat!!!" But I know my system is still affected!!! :confused:

Any kind of input would be highly appreciated!!!

Well, just to tell you guys that it is almost 2 AM in my part of world and am still struggling to get this problem fixed... so you can understand!!! :o

Thanks in advance!!!

Enjoy!!!
MM

tashi
2006-02-03, 02:01
Hello munich_masala, sorry to hear of your computer problems.

Please go here and follow instructions.
Before you post a log (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Start a topic here:
Malware Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22[/url)

Someone will then take a look at the system and advise you as soon as available to do so.

Best regards. :)