PDA

View Full Version : Spybot Immunizations

ComputerUser
2008-01-05, 00:02
Hello,

I am new to the forum and joined because I am having an issue with immunizing my computer. I have read through several posts and understand that this is a question that gets asked all of the time..but here goes :

I have windows vista...I always run the program with my admin. rights, however, It will not immunize around 10k of the files. This is a recent install and the prior spybot I had on this computer only had 1 file that couldnt be immunized. Now with this installation as I said above, it will not immunize a lot of files.

I have tried the method of changing the global hosts files etc, and this just makes the amount of files that it will not immunize greater! Any help of any kind would be greatly appreciated. I love the program and cannot figure what I am doing wrong....or if it is even a problem that I am causing!

Thanks

honda12
2008-01-05, 00:38
Hi,

I had this problem, but to get around it I just pressed 'undo' and re-immunized and spybot immunized everything...

Seeing that you have read other posts about this issue you probably have tried that already! :sad:

I hope it gets fixed!

By the way it would help anyone who wants to help, if you could also say what version of spybot you are running

ComputerUser
2008-01-05, 00:46
whoooo hooo! Thanks! That worked!

honda12
2008-01-05, 00:46
no problem :bigthumb:

bw41101
2008-01-08, 17:14
I've just downloaded the latest Spybot release (from the website) in order to upgrade from version 1.4 and am beginning to regret it. I'm having the same problem (as described by those already on this thread and others besides) with the Global Hosts file not immunising.

Having read the various fixes and tried same, I'm getting absolutelly nowhere, I.e the Global Hosts file refuses to update.

Is there an "official" fix for this issue, or am I going to have to revert back to version 1.4 - which I know works?

Please advise someone.

Cheers

spybotsandra
2008-01-08, 17:31
Hello,

Some users have reported that they use SpySweeper or SpywareBlaster and shutting them down solves the problem. ZoneAlarm might also block the global hosts. If you go to Firewall in ZoneAlarm on the left and then the main tab in the upper right then go down to the advance button and click on it you will see under General setting "Lock Hosts file".

Further please try the following:
Open Spybot > Immunize > under Windows uncheck Global (Hosts). Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Hosts file > and then click on the "Add Spybot S&D hosts list" button. Go back into Spybot > Immunize
The problem that not all global host entries have been immunized has also been discussed in our forum:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=18122&highlight=immunize+global
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=19314&highlight=immunize+global
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=17913&highlight=immunize+global

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

bw41101
2008-01-08, 18:48
Now that's what I call prompt service. :bigthumb: I especially like the (hug Firefox - sod off IE) smiley - very good.

Thanks and regards

BW

spybotsandra
2008-01-09, 00:24
Thanks *g*. You're welcome. :)