PDA

View Full Version : registry change

jeffers
2008-01-05, 22:49
i have a prob that 256 files are found but cannot be repaired as REGISTRY CHANGE IS DENIED IDENTIFIED AS USER BLACKLIST i havnt a clue what this is and the files are password protected so no action can be taken....... ive never had this before and cant delete or clean files as access is denied....can anyone help please :sad:

md usa spybot fan
2008-01-07, 16:53
Can you clarify your problem? Removal of "files" would not normally involve registry changes so I am confused.

If the 256 files were found by a Spybot scan, please post a log of the actual detections you are getting so that we can see what you are talking about. To do that:
Run another scan.
When the scan completes, right click on the results list, select "Copy results to clipboard".
Then paste (Ctrl+V) those results to a new post in this thread.

If you checked "Remember this decision" on a registry change the information concerning that change it is stored in a file. TeaTimer uses that information to automatically "Allow" or "Deny" similar changes and will, in your case, continue to "Deny" the change based on the "Blacklist".

To edit the information used to automatically handle registry changes:Right click on the TeaTimer system tray icon and select Settings. This will bring up TeaTimer's "White & Black List". There are four (4) Buttons across the top of the "White & Black List":
Allowed registry changes
Blocked registry changes
Allowed processes
Blocked processes

You can review all the entries that you have stored by clicking on these buttons. The entries that you should review are in "Blocked registry changes". You must remove the entry from "Blocked registry changes" that is causing the registry change to be denied. You can delete entries by clicking on the scripted black "X" to the right of the entry that you want to delete, answering "Yes" to the confirmation dialog and then clicking the "OK" button when you're done.