PDA

View Full Version : Install problems

charlievan1
2008-01-07, 04:04
Hi when I try to update to current files, when go to downoad them I get a unable to connect to server error message. as you can see I am connected to the internet and popups are allowed and firewall is set to allow connectons I am using cox high speed internet and thier security suite with XP home and sp2. and I have tried to reload spybot directly and get the same error when I click run on file download, I am stumped.

charlievan1
2008-01-07, 04:10
the error message also comes up on our other laptop when I try to update the files. tells me socket error # 11004. both are still version 1.4, since I cannot currently connect to that server to update. current detectio upate is 01-02-2008

md usa spybot fan
2008-01-07, 05:21
Socket Error # 11004 usually is an indication that Spybot-S&D is being blocked from accessing the internet. With Spybot 1.4, make sure that SpybotSD.exe is authorized in your firewall to access the internet.

charlievan1
2008-01-07, 07:41
cant fiquer out how to unblock the firewall so I turned it off until I can get the program downloaded, then I will let the firewall create an exception, but I am still getting the same error, I am here and online but the program will not connect to allow the file download.