PDA

View Full Version : 1.5.2 problem

grefra
2008-01-07, 16:51
the new program shuts down. not a computer problem, heating, fan etc.

after running, I check the boxes, click fix problems and S&D shuts down. Uninstalled and went back to 1.4 and works fine. I think the new 1.5.2 needs more work.

xp sp2 IE6

PepiMK
2008-01-07, 17:33
Why didn't you post this in the beta forum (moved it there now), the 1.5.1.19 is just a release candidate, not a non-beta version?

And you could've really provided more information ;) Does 1.4 for example detect exactly the same problems that cause 1.5 to shut down?

Because with just your post, it could be about everything, including malware that is at fault, and the way it is, it surely would not lead to "more work" to be done on the rc.

grefra
2008-01-07, 17:57
Why didn't you post this in the beta forum (moved it there now), the 1.5.1.19 is just a release candidate, not a non-beta version?

And you could've really provided more information ;) Does 1.4 for example detect exactly the same problems that cause 1.5 to shut down?

Because with just your post, it could be about everything, including malware that is at fault, and the way it is, it surely would not lead to "more work" to be done on the rc.

Sorry, I did not know it was to be posted in the beta forum. I ran 1.5.2 then 1.4, no malware, just user info to delete. Both versions detect the same items.
No malware detected with 1.4 or 1.5.2 or ad aware or windows defender.
Sorry you are so sensitive.

This is the install from your post:
1.5.2 Release Candidate 1 (aka 1.5.1.19) here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you might have noticed in the project tracker (where you can also find a list of changes), we'll just name the next version 1.5.2. Version 1.5.1.19 is thus the release candidate for the final 1.5.2 release.

Download available here

kissbaby
2008-01-07, 19:24
ok,,,,first i only go to http://filehippo.com/ to see if there any updates of my favorite programs,, i dont download from the site,,,,,why because they might have the .exe and it might have mistakes in it ,,when i see an update ,,,i instead go the real site to go try it .

ok,,, i noticed that
http://filehippo.com/

shows that you have this update " Spybot Search & Destroy 1.5.2 RC1 ",,, is that a beta version you are releasing to the public or the final version ?.

i have been waiting for you to get most of the bugs that have been reported in each new version,, to work the bugs out,,before i really give it a try.

i have Spybot Search & Destroy 1.4 and have used it for years,, you people have saved my pc lots of time,,thank you.

:angel: soooooooo well ?.

honda12
2008-01-07, 19:44
Hi kissbaby,

Spybot 1.5.2 RC1 is a possible release candidate (RC) for 1.5.2, it is not a final version. It is actually just the 1.5.1.19 beta. See: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=21520

As for upgrading to it, It is up to you the user to decide :bigthumb:

kissbaby
2008-01-07, 19:47
:clown:

thank u,,,,:angel: