PDA

View Full Version : Spybot RC1:I get access violation

Titano
2008-01-08, 02:50
Ciao. I'm new here, but I know Spybot for years.
I'm italian and I excuse me for my english.

Today I have installed the new version and I have noticed that it is much better in respect to 1.5.1. After having installed it, updated, immunized ecc. ecc, I have performed the first system scan (34 minutes against 52 of v. 1.4!). I have found only the errors regarding the "Microsoft SecurityCenter Disable Notify". Right Click on everyone to avoid spybot to search them the next scan.

After this (maybe it could be my mistake) I have tried to highlight another item of right-click menu but I got this error message.
Access violation at address 006CCA51 in module "SpybotSD.exe". Write of address 00000011

My OS is WIN XP PRO SP2 fully updated and IE7

Is it a bug or isn't it?
Grazie for your attention
Titano

Titano
2008-01-09, 15:57
Access violation at address 006CCA51 in module "SpybotSD.exe". Write of address 00000011

Titano

Hi, I'm here again :red:
Excuse me but...is my question too much...strange or not enough clear? :)

Please Let me know

Regards
Titano

PepiMK
2008-01-09, 18:15
Every Access Violation is a bug.

Wednesday is update day though, that has top priority ;)

And your question is not too strange, and nearly detailed enough :)
Cannot quite reproduce it though: when I right-click entries and select Exclude this detection from further searches, that works fine multiple times. Same for Exclude this product from further searches.

You said that "highlighting" - highlighting means moving the mouse over a visible menu item, shown by the blue background. Spybot-S&D doesn't react to that in any way, are you sure it was just caused by highlighting? Or by a click on something?

Titano
2008-01-09, 20:24
Every Access Violation is a bug.

Wednesday is update day though, that has top priority ;)

And your question is not too strange, and nearly detailed enough :)
Cannot quite reproduce it though: when I right-click entries and select Exclude this detection from further searches, that works fine multiple times. Same for Exclude this product from further searches.

You said that "highlighting" - highlighting means moving the mouse over a visible menu item, shown by the blue background. Spybot-S&D doesn't react to that in any way, are you sure it was just caused by highlighting? Or by a click on something?

Hi PepiMK, first of all thanks for your interest.
In my first post I was a bit..imprecise. Now I'll try to explain the issue as better as possible.

After my first system scan, Spybot reported the following issues:

1) Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.AntiVirusDisableNotify
2) Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.FirewallDisableNotify
3) Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.UpdateDisableNotify
4) Microsoft.Windows.AppFirewallBypass Impostazioni
5) Microsoft.Windows.AppFirewallBypass Impostazioni

Than I have right-click entries and selected "Exclude this detection from further searches" ON EACH ONE of them (all five).

BUT, AFTER this operation, I had doubts about the last two entries (4 and 5) and clicking-right on the mentioned entries, hoping to "correct" my being too much hurried, I have tried to click on another item of the menu (maybe "hilighting" is not an appropriate word :)), and the error message has appeared. That's all.

Hope I have made myself clear now :), if not, please let me know
Regards
Titano

Titano
2008-01-14, 02:58
I'd appreciate very much a feedback ;)