PDA

View Full Version : Can't find the Spybot S&D exe to start the program

danneira
2008-01-08, 19:32
I have installed the program and it creates an icon on the desktop that is a generic windows icon with the name Spybot Search and Destroy. When I click on it windows tells me it can't find the SpybotSD.exe file - which it can't find. I also can't seem to be able to load ANY anti virus program on my computer - it goes only so far and tells me there is an error. I know I had a virus but I thought I had cleaned it out. Can anyone help? Is there any way to load spybot successfuly and an antivirus program that will keep me relatively safe?

win2000
2008-01-08, 20:30
Difficulty installing anti-virus could be you already have a program, perhaps suplied by your internet provider, or previously installed on this computer.
Another reason might be there is a fire wall blocking the program from connecting the internet after it is installed, or as apart of the install.

On the desk top, the first screen you see when the computer is turned on, click start from the pop up screen select "search", "files or folders, "C" drive. Type in the name the Spybot program "spybotsd14.exe" is on my computer, however spybot will probably be enough information, click search.
Idealy it should be in program files on your C drive if for no other reason so you can find it easily.

As for the icon, right click on it, click properties, in the target window it will give you the location of the item the icon is related too.

I have installed the program and it creates an icon on the desktop that is a generic windows icon with the name Spybot Search and Destroy. When I click on it windows tells me it can't find the SpybotSD.exe file - which it can't find. I also can't seem to be able to load ANY anti virus program on my computer - it goes only so far and tells me there is an error. I know I had a virus but I thought I had cleaned it out. Can anyone help? Is there any way to load spybot successfuly and an antivirus program that will keep me relatively safe?

md usa spybot fan
2008-01-08, 21:10
... Type in the name the Spybot program "spybotsd14.exe" is on my computer, ...
"spybotsd14.exe" is the name of the installation program for Spybot 1.4. "SpybotSD.exe" is the name of the executable that runs Spybot itself regardless of the version of Spybot.