PDA

View Full Version : My .dat files show "Video CD Movie" type

nania
2008-01-10, 14:07
I recently discovered this after a badly infected machine on the same network was pulled out of service. The infected box had read only access to a file share on the Dual P3 server. The server is running W2K3sp2 and IE7 5730.13 and no has no additional security updates. I took the infected box out of service when I discovered that wmsyspr9.sys had wormed its way onto the server %windir%. I removed the wmsyspr9.prx from the server and the scans looked clean but the server was running a little slow so I started poking around and discovered that the .dat files now had this curious file type designation. I tried to change it in my "tools:folder options: file type" but the edits are ignored. I have some scan logs ready to post but I thought there might be a less intensive remedy :)

Please feel free to move this thread.

tashi
2008-01-10, 17:03
Hello.

This forum is set up to assist single PC users, what environment is this server in?

Cheers.

nania
2008-01-15, 19:19
Thanks for responding. The server is on a private network with only the router doing DHCP and DNS. It's running W2K3sp2 and IE7 build 5730.13 with no additional security updates. I didn't want to post until I had more evidence of an infection. Please see my other post (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=22765) for information on the symptoms.

tashi
2008-01-16, 18:13
Hello.

As you have started another topic I will close this one. :)