PDA

View Full Version : Appearance of Unknown T-4494664-LimeWireWin4.16.2.exe

H1122
2008-01-12, 07:22
I was wondering if someone could tell me what something I found in my LimeWire downloads library was. I recently found a T-4494664-LimeWireWin4.16.2.exe in my "incomplete files" window in LimeWire, and despite my computer being shared among a family of 5 people (3 of which do not use it regularly), not knowing how it got there. It was downloading by itself, and when I tried to delete it, it said that it was being used by another program. I went to where it was located in C:Documents and Settings/Owner/Incomplete/, and deleted it from there, but it reappeared soon afterwards when I opened up LimeWire again. I hope I don't sound like a complete new member (although I am), but is this a normal LimeWire update, or is it malware of some kind? The .exe file did not actually appear in the active LimeWire downloads window, so I'm wondering why as well as due to the suspicious circumstances of its appearance. I did not go to the LimeWire forums because they may not have known what it was. Is this how LimeWire updates itself? Thanks if you enlighten a new worried user. :)

H1122
2008-01-12, 07:27
Sorry, as I cannot edit my posts yet, I have to post something else here. I also scanned the file using AVG and McAfee, and they did not detect anything. I also updated Spybot, and scanned my computer, but it did not detect anything. I also noticed that when Spybot was running the scan, the number of files it was checking for had decreased from over 100,000 to just above 91,000+. Why is this? Thanks if you can enlighten me.