PDA

View Full Version : My S&D picked up TagASaurus but

paranoidiam
2008-01-15, 08:38
this infection of TagASaurus only showed up in S&D and none of my other programs CA anti virus and spywear and really i would like to know why, it looks like its gone now but i want to know if it was a false detection or what, can any one please help me stuff like this makes me paranoid.

hope im posting this in the right place this is my first post.

spybotsandra
2008-01-15, 11:11
Hello,

Tagasaurus is a cookie. It is quite common for popular websites to employ such tracking cookies from third parties. They use them in order to track the users' surfing habits on their websites. As I said, these cookies are from third parties but they are employed by the site.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

md usa spybot fan
2008-01-15, 14:28
spybotsandra:

If you go into Spybot > Ignore products, TagASaurus is listed as a Trojan. It seems as if the detection rule for the TagASaurus tracking cookie it is in the Trojans.sbi database rather than the Cookies.sbi database.

The fact that TagASaurus is listed as a Trojan has caused confusion in the past and I believe that the problem should be corrected.

MisterW
2008-01-15, 15:43
Md USA Spybot Fan:
There are two different detection rules for TagASaurus: One in the cookies section and another one in the Trojans.sbi. So there is a real trojan detection behind that name. Maybe it would be better to split TagASaurus into "Cookie.TagASaurus" and "Trojan.TagASaurus".

regards,
Markus

md usa spybot fan
2008-01-15, 16:15
Markus:

Thanks for taking a look at the problem.

Splitting the detections sounds like a good solution.

Regards,
md usa spybot fan

paranoidiam
2008-01-15, 23:27
thanks a lot every one i saw Trojan and it freaked me out and again thanks a lot.