PDA

View Full Version : Suggested change in Immunization for 1.5.2RC1+

pudelein
2008-01-15, 22:58
I would like to suggest a (minor?) alteration in the handling of Immunization in Firefox and related Mozilla browsers. At present, the Immunization table shows a section labeled "Firefox" in which every line (cookies, images, ...) appears twice; this is on my single user system. It turns out that each line of each pair refers to a different browser! On my system, the first line of each pair describes an immunization in Firefox. The second line of each pair describes the same immunization for SeaMonkey! There is no indication that immunization has anything to do with SeaMonkey.

My suggestion is that the lines referring to SeaMonkey be filtered out into their own section, labeled (obviously?) "SeaMonkey", or perhaps "Mozilla Suite" is that is preferred.

Let me also comment that I find SSD 1.5.2rc1 to work well so far and it even protects SeaMomkey! How about that?

PepiMK
2008-01-16, 19:12
I guess because both profiles are called "default"?
Still, SeaMonkey should have its own header and its own icons even.
Just checked, for me it' shown under "Mozilla", with the blue/blue icon.

Mozilla variants are detected from these files inside your app data folder (C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\ + the following):

Phoenix\registry.dat
Roaming\Phoenix\registry.dat
Local\Phoenix\registry.dat
Mozilla\registry.dat
Roaming\Mozilla\registry.dat
Local\Mozilla\registry.datFirefox in these:

Mozilla\Firefox\profiles.ini
Local\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles.ini
Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles.iniSince both even use different storages for profile lists (Mozilla a binary "registry" file since Netscape 4, then named nsreg.dat and detected under yet another header and icon; and Firefox a plaintext .ini file).

Could you check if your Mozilla profile is listed next to your Firefox profile in one of these .ini files named above?

pudelein
2008-01-16, 20:47
PepiMK,

on my system (Windows XP SP2), %AppData%\Mozilla is the relevant path to follow. This contains a binary file "registry.dat" which contains references to my SeaMonkey profile: this is actually %AppData%\Mozilla\Profiles\Default User\****.slt, where the element **** is a randomly generated profile name. There are also references to other .slt files that may be older profiles [I have installed SeaMonkey two or three times, as I recall], but there are no references to Firefox profiles, which appear, of course, in the parallel tree %AppData%\Firefox.

This seems to be where SSD gets its routing. I should also mention (which I did not earlier) that the "SeaMonkey" immunization line puts things into a file named hostperm.1, exactly as is the case for Firefox, but that the SeaMonkey version is only about half as long [part of this is because I give some "allowed" permissions of my own in the FF case]. I have not explored this fully, however.