PDA

View Full Version : "Registry changes allowed" message appearing repeatedly

Qwerty9911
2006-02-06, 16:51
Everytime windows loads up and the teatimer icon appears in the system tray a whole bunch of messages pop up saying this that and the other registry change has been allowed or denied. These are all things that i previously told spybot to allow or deny.. but I dont want to be reminded of my decision everytime i boot up.

The only way I have found to stop this problem is to reinstall spybot. This seems to stop it temporarily till the next time I change some registry entry and it starts up again. Not all changes cause a message at start up, but it's still annoying. Is there an easier way to stop this happening?

Thanks for any help.

md usa spybot fan
2006-02-06, 17:25
TeaTimer takes snapshots of Registry entries and compares these with the Registry at startup. Until these snapshots are updated you are likely to get pop-ups (at startup) of changes you made in the past. In other words, TeaTimer attempts to return the Registry to the state it was in when the snapshot was taken. This happens primarily when you reboot the system. To refresh TeaTimer's snapshot files:
Right click Spybot's TeaTimer System Tray Icon > click Exit Spybot-S&D Resident.
TeaTimer closes.
TeaTimer's snapshot files are refreshed at this time.

Restart TeaTimer:
Using Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy.
Double click TeaTimer.exe to start it.

If you periodically recycle TeaTimer the problem will be diminished but not necessarily totally eliminated (I still get a single notification pup-up at startup because my anti-virus re-adds its startup entry each time the system is started. As an alternative you can periodically just shut down TeaTimer as outlined above without restarting it just prior to shutting down the system to refresh the snapshot files.

i_r_baboon
2006-02-06, 19:05
There should be a function to turn these popups off
I bet it would save you alot of reposting on the same topic, it seems the public doesnt want these popups. Restarting TeaTimer doesnt help much so why not just add something to disable the popup? :bigthumb:

Qwerty9911
2006-02-06, 21:16
Ah thank you. I did actually look for the answer before i posted (although obviously not very well).

I've just reinstalled Spybot but the next time this happens I'll try that.

Thanks again.

Neon19
2006-11-13, 10:45
I have this same behaviour occurring, but it is not changing no matter how many restarts I make of TeaTimer or the system itself.

Is there a control key in the registry that dictates whether the snapshot has been taken?

Cheers

Rob