PDA

View Full Version : shellconhiddenwindow

kolohe
2008-01-18, 16:33
Yesterday I installed 1.5. I think I screwed things up by first uninstalling 1.4 and using the little registry key program you have to change the registry accordingly. I now have 2 problems.

1: when trying to shut down windows (XP) it comes up saying wait shellconhiddenwindow is not responding. I don't know what shellconhiddenwindow is or how to get rid of it.

2: I cannot get Spybot to open up from the desk top icon nor the program list. The cursor hourglass shows like it's processing the request but then it disappears and nothing has happened. I can get the update part to open from the program list but that's it.

I have uninstalled 1.5 and reinstalled twice but it is still has the problem.
Also note that I have the 1.5 installed on my harddrive (C) and 1.4 is still installed on my external hardrive (F)

Any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
kolohe

md usa spybot fan
2008-01-18, 17:41
kolohe:

1: when trying to shut down windows (XP) it comes up saying wait shellconhiddenwindow is not responding. I don't know what shellconhiddenwindow is or how to get rid of it.
Do you have MusicMatch Jukebox 10? If so the dialog message concerning shellconhiddenwindow at shutdown could be because the program mimboot.exe which is loaded at startup is not shutting down properly at system shutdown.

The solution appears to be to disable the startup entry for mimboot.exe. Go into Start > Run > Type "msconfig" (no quotes). When the System Configuration Utility opens go to the Startup tab. Disable any entries that associated with starting the program mimboot.exe by unticking the entries.

kolohe
2008-01-18, 18:14
md usa:
Thanks! Unticking the mimboot did the trick with the shellconhiddenwindow problem. :bigthumb:

I've uninstalled all versions of SB 1.4 & 1.5 and will reinstall 1.5 . hopefully with the mimboot fix done, SB will run happily now.

Thanks again.