PDA

View Full Version : Right Click Tab

Greyfox
2008-01-18, 23:22
When I select a file, right click on it and select properties there is a Spybot-S&D Tab. When I select this tab, the file name is displayed 4 times, initially with "waiting" appearing against each line. After a delay it will display a result against the first two, for example "nothing found" however "waiting" never seems to change on the last two. Can anyone explain what this is all about?

Also one the same subject, if the file is HiJackThis.exe then the first line will change to "nothing found" and the second to "Smitfraud-C". This is not picked up in a normal scan. Is it a false positive?

PepiMK
2008-01-21, 11:39
The second one, though visible only on XP or later systems currently, is a heuristics scan only.

See the screenshot posted here:
http://forums.spybot.info/project.php?issueid=86
The category headers are a feature of XP or later Windows versions; I've re-opened the topic with a comment regarding that.

Greyfox
2008-01-21, 22:57
I'm sorry PepiMK, I'm new to this forum and I don't quite understand your answer. I followed your link, and from there to a thread called Spybot Christmas Presents Part 2 Separate file scanner. There was a screen shot 19/12/2007 from Dk2005 showing exactly what I am currently experiencing, and a reply from you on same date saying the code had been updated to show only two. I have a screen shot to clarify things but I don't know to attach it. It's basically the same as the one from DK2005 though. It shows each file 4 times, two that display the scan status result and two that are always "waiting". If the code was changed on 19/12/2007 to remove the always "waiting" two, then it isn't working for me in 1.5.1.19. I also raised the issue of it saying HiJackThis.exe was Smitfraud-C. My system is XP Home, SP2, all MS updates, AVG antivirus, ZoneAlarm firewall.

PepiMK
2008-01-22, 12:57
Well, there are two things here, let me try to separate them:

1. "Smitfraud": as I said, that is part of the heuristics scan in its most heavy mode. You can safely ignore this, that mode isn't used in normal heuristics over Spybot-S&D anyway.

2. The 4 entries.
Could you please check the file version of SDFiles.dll? I fixed it, but noticed that the new version most probably wasn't put into the build mechanism for creating the 1.5.2 release, meaning the fixed version didn't get out.

Now where I'm quite confused is that you say yiour screen looks basically the sme as that screenshot from dk2005, since on XP, there should be the major difference of the header saying Spybot - Search & Destroy (Malware) vs. Spybot - Search & Destroy (Heuristics). Do you have these headers (as shown in the screenshot on the bugtracker page), or do you have the four entries in a row without separation, as shown in DK2005s screenshot?

Greyfox
2008-01-24, 05:59
Well, there are two things here, let me try to separate them:

1. "Smitfraud": as I said, that is part of the heuristics scan in its most heavy mode. You can safely ignore this, that mode isn't used in normal heuristics over Spybot-S&D anyway.

2. The 4 entries.
Could you please check the file version of SDFiles.dll? I fixed it, but noticed that the new version most probably wasn't put into the build mechanism for creating the 1.5.2 release, meaning the fixed version didn't get out.

Now where I'm quite confused is that you say yiour screen looks basically the sme as that screenshot from dk2005, since on XP, there should be the major difference of the header saying Spybot - Search & Destroy (Malware) vs. Spybot - Search & Destroy (Heuristics). Do you have these headers (as shown in the screenshot on the bugtracker page), or do you have the four entries in a row without separation, as shown in DK2005s screenshot?

PepiMK
SDFiles.dll is File Ver 1,5,1,19 - Prod Ver 1,5,0,0
dated 16/12/2007

No headings shown, just 4 entries in a row, exactly as shown in DK2005's screenshot. OS is Windows XP Home 2002 SP2 with all current MS updates. SpybotSD was clean install from 1.5.2rec1 - shows on main screen as 1.5.2 and in Help about as 1.5.1.19. Has had TeaTimer patch 1.5.2.16 2008-01-10 added.

Rosenfeld
2008-01-24, 22:46
Just to confirm. On XP SP2 all updates I also get the four entries, no headers, SDFiles.dll is 1.5.1.19. This is with Spybot 1.5.1.19 all updates.