PDA

View Full Version : annoying - 1.5.2RC1 trying floppy drive on start

bubblewrap7
2008-01-19, 22:17
this happened with 1.5.15, too. Spybot would take several seconds trying to access the floppy drive, while i heard that loud sort of grinding sound.

i installed 1.5.2rc1 on top of it, and had other problems. so i uninstalled that and just fresh-installed 1.5.2RC1.

still the floppy thing. is this normal or not? it's bothersome since there is no disk in the drive.

thanks.

PepiMK
2008-01-21, 14:26
Do you by chance have two floppy drives, A: and B:?

The fix was just to skip the A: drive I'm afraid (will fix that for the 1.5.2 final). See the project tools for a simple workaround (the FloppyVolumeInformation tweak).

bubblewrap7
2008-01-22, 20:18
Do you by chance have two floppy drives, A: and B:?

The fix was just to skip the A: drive I'm afraid (will fix that for the 1.5.2 final). See the project tools for a simple workaround (the FloppyVolumeInformation tweak).

no, i only have one floppy drive, A:.

i've applied the patch, and it fixed the problem. thanks!

1 - for future reference, could i have fixed the problem a different way? i'm wondering if i could've used the 2 lines of code in your "Inside the 32 bit registry" post, or any of the executables in the list of beta test versions for the bug.

2 - and did you intend for the patch to fix the SDUpdate floppy check too? (i forget if i ever had that issue, but it's not there now.)

i appreciate your patience, as this bug testing and patch thing is all new to me.