PDA

View Full Version : Unreadable notice from Spybot - S & D

deucy
2008-01-20, 22:19
I got a notice from Spybot - S & D after surfing the web and stumbling on to a questionable web site. This is wonderful protection and I appreciate it, except I cannot read the text on the buttons from which I am to click on one of them to respond to this notice. Here is the notice....

Spybot - Search & Destroy has detected an important registry entry that has been changed.

Category: System Startup global entry
Change: Value deleted

Entry: PopUpKiller

Old data: C\Program Files\PopUp Killer\PopUpKiller.E

I can see the top half of a rectangular button on the left and the top half of a rectangular button on the right with two buttons in between them (the question mark button and the info button). I CANNOT read the critically important rectangular buttons which I have to choose from to respond to the notice.

Of course I suspect I picked up malware from the questionable web site and I do NOT want any changes to my registry. Please advise me what the buttons say and which choice I should make in order to not accept a registry change. Secondly, for future notices, is there a way I can make this notice be fully read (the buttons from which I am requested to make a choice) ?

Much thanks.

deucy
2008-01-20, 23:36
Even though I had looked at the Safer Networking web site for info on this problem with the graphic, I must have been in too much of a hurry scanning for info that addressed this problem. I have since found the problem addressed and answered under the FAQ section.

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/55.html

Sorry for the needless post. :clown:

tashi
2008-01-21, 06:13
Glad you found the answer, safe surfing. :)