PDA

View Full Version : Blank startup in reg by S&D

wblank
2008-01-22, 13:39
Hi there and tnx guys for keeping PCs clean.
First of all i must notice i am new in here so patience please.:D:
I have such question, have Spybot and AVG Free in my Windows XP. Installed WinXP lately, before that zero filled HD. First thing i downloaded Firefox and AVG. Have made many searches with AVG which found no threats. Well to be true after Windows update showed that change system\somefiles, but that should be normal after updateing windows by AVG forums. So installed Spybot S&D, updated and immunized, made Check for problems, found only 1 Doubleclick cookie which i have all the time.
Then i checked system startup found all clear besides one blank entry, export spybot report gave me :
!!!
Located: HK_CU:Run, (DISABLED)
where: S-1-5-21-1645522239-1220945662-725345543-500...
command:
file:
size: 0
MD5: D41D8CD98F00B204E9800998ECF8427E
Warning: if the file is actually larger than 0 bytes,
the checksum could not be properly calculated!
!!!
What im wondereing is if something still could sneak through windows Firewall, AVG. if so then it goes again zerofill + reinstall OS, nothing else can clear PC enough ;) but i would appreciate when you can give your opinion on that first.
Thank you very much again
Raul

PS. i have Punkbuster on my PC, PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrb.exe running with Enemy Territory which they should and they start also on system Startup, maybe Spybot cannot detect it? or is it some kind of rudiment of WinXP?