PDA

View Full Version : Spybot can't work in BartPE

guimenez
2008-01-24, 12:08
Hello

i can't make Spybot work in Bartpe. I've download last plugin 1.5 and put the files inside.

When i run in bartpe, it just don't do nothing. i've try it to go to command line and execute the Spysbot.exe, it start but notthing appears in the screen. if i start the sdupdate.exe it works like a charm, just the main program its not working.

I don't know how to do.

Hope someone help me

Thanls

Guimenez

PepiMK
2008-01-24, 15:47
It might take a while, but it should fire up. See the boot CD topic in the beta forum, we've just tested (and made some small additional improvements) the PE stuff again.
Which version are you using? Standard 1.5? Just in case, I would suggest trying the RC 1 of 1.5.2.

guimenez
2008-01-24, 20:43
Thanks for replying.

I can't find the boot topic in beta forum, i've search everthing.

Please give-me the link to the post

Many thanks

spybotsandra
2008-01-25, 00:48
Hello,

Here it is:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=21313

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

guimenez
2008-01-25, 09:16
Do you know if theres any way to extract the spybootcd and use the plugin. Because i don't want to make a new livecd, i have lots of programs that wast lot of time to put them there.

PS: I've try it with sd1.5.2rc1 and the program still not open

Thanks.

FrozenFog
2008-01-30, 00:42
I see the same problem, running either the old 1.5.1 or the new 1.5.2 release.

I launch Spybot either from the menu or the command line. I can see SpybotSD.exe in the task manager's process list, but then it disappears. I never see either the "Loading Spybot" window or the main UI window.

Is there any way I can collect more debug information and maybe find why the process exits?

Thanks.

(I'm running a normal configuration - PE Builder 3.10a, Windows XP Pro SP2. I do not have networking started.)

guimenez
2008-01-30, 11:22
Spybot programmers, please help us!!!!

Thanks

PepiMK
2008-01-30, 11:26
Put it on my todo list to create another new PE CD and test for problems :)

guimenez
2008-01-30, 19:44
thanks for replying

i will wait for any news from you, because my livecd without spybot is nothing.

thanks

PepiMK
2008-02-01, 11:54
Just tried the following:
Downloaded the newest PEBuilder (3.1.10a).
Added contents from our peplugin15.zip to plugin folder (C:\Apps\PEBuild3110a\plugin\ in my case).
Installed 1.5.2 into the same folder (C:\Apps\PEBuild3110a\plugin\spybotsd\files\ in my case).
Started PE Builder.
Set up OS path to point to my local XP CD copy.
Checked in plugins that SpybotSD is enabled.
Set PEBuilder to create an ISO image as well.
Let it create the CD.
Opened a VMWare image of a XP system.
Set the VMWare to use the ISO as CD.
Booted VMware image from this CD.
Ran Spybot-S&D - works fine :)One thing that comes into my mind: 1.5.2 has some files set to "hidden". Make sure Explorer (or whatever file manager you use) shows them and you don't miss copying those.

Screenshot (http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/3874/screenshot46winxpprosp2rz7.png)

acidfire52
2008-08-06, 19:28
I am also having trouble with BartPE.
I followed the steps above and the menu list is greyed out. I looked in the Nu2Menu config file and the files it is looking for are on my CD. Cannot figure out why they are greyed out.
If I go into the CD in BartPE and double click the program, it launches a command window then immediatly closes.

Any help?