PDA

View Full Version : Netscape ISP Dialer opening, then closing.

Corliss
2008-01-25, 05:01
Hello, Been having a problem on a friends computer, I think his daughter accidently told teatimer to block his Netscape ISP dialer from working here is a log from the resident report -

1/19/2008 1:36:12 PM Denied value "Netscape" (new data: "") deleted in System Startup global entry!
1/19/2008 1:36:14 PM Denied value "{4115122B-85FF-4DD3-9515-F075BEDE5EB5}" (new data: "") deleted in Browser Helper Object!

The last one is continued for roughly 30 more lines. If anyone knows how I can reverse that, it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

spybotsandra
2008-01-25, 10:06
Hello,

Please right-click the Resident icon in the system tray "Spybot S&D resident" and select "Settings". There you will find 4 lists for remembered decisions (allowed/denied processes and registry changes). In order to remove an entry just click on the cross next to it. TeaTimer will then "forget" this decision and you will be asked again the next time.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Corliss
2008-01-25, 12:15
Sorry, Forgot to mention that in the begining, I don't think she had it remembered because it doesn't show in that area. I didn't know if maybe there was a way to manually go into the teatimer file and remove the entry or not.
Thanks Again

Corliss
2008-01-25, 12:41
Sorry tried to edit previous post but my time expired.

Things I've tried include, deactivating teatimer and SD Helper, uninstalling Spybot S&D, Run Spybot to check for possible problems, run AVG in safe mode, run CA Antivirus. Uninstalled the Netscape Dialer, reinstall. Tried running the dialer in Safe mode with no luck there either.Only thing I did not check is if the immunize could block netscape. I'll take a look at that next time I am there, any other suggestion are appreciated

Corliss
2008-01-28, 01:35
was just wondering if anyone else had any ideas....is there anway I can erase a decision that is not remembered? a way to 100% remove spybot? The uninstall seems to leave files behind.

spybotsandra
2008-01-28, 14:44
Hello,

In order to completely uninstall Spybot - Search & Destroy, please consider the following link:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/uninstall.html

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot