PDA

View Full Version : user information

BetaTester155
2008-01-27, 23:52
first off i commend all the hard work that the spybot team has put into making this product:) i only have one suggestion: could you make it easier to find out information regarding the beta versions of spybot. the only way i seem to have found out information on the beta is reading multiple threads by other users on what is going on. would it be possible to put some little blurb on the main site or build a whole page on its own dedicated to beta news thats linked from the homepage?

Just something to think about

Student101

nOInfectIOn
2008-01-28, 12:11
Hi,
I am not really a fan of your suggestion - sounds to comfortable ;).

beta is beta is beta - I think itīs ok for novices to look and search and read a little, maybe contribute a little. I donīt know why, but for me itīs not bad, when there is little effort for something completely free... that kind of thought.
LG :)

criztopha
2008-01-28, 20:58
I concur with noinfection. Also, betas are betas...not designed for the general public, but for testing. That's why there's the pretty links on the home page for the final releases :)

BetaTester155
2008-01-29, 02:12
well can't you at least agree that the way information that is handled around here is a bit off. Just look at the news section of Spybot. it still says that the proud release is out. Shouldn't it be changed to "we are sorry for all the problems in this release, but we are working on them right now." thats more general and something that the normal user will understand.

martin.leese
2008-01-29, 07:41
... Shouldn't it be changed to "we are sorry for all the problems in this release, but we are working on them right now."

Too Negative. A bug-free program is a theoretical abstract concept. There are always going to be problems. It isn't as if other software is bug-free. Just be grateful Spybot isn't produced by Microsoft :-)

spybotsandra
2008-01-29, 12:04
:funny:

PepiMK
2008-01-29, 18:24
During our team meeting yesterday, we've announced a new PR victim... eh spokesman ;)

He's busy preparing the 1.5.2 announcement right now, and will be trying to tortute interesting new stuff to report about regularly from us ;)

BetaTester155
2008-01-30, 04:20
PepiMK, its a bit of a comfort to know that you will be having a new PR person that will be, hopefully, be putting out news on spybot and other things in a consistent manner.