PDA

View Full Version : My PC is SICK! Can someone please HELP?

pkingbird
2008-01-28, 07:55
I tried to do everything your site instructed me to. I downloaded Spybot S&D and updated it. I downloaded the Kaspersky online scanner, scanned the archives/mail bases on my computer in the extended database, and saved the log to my desktop. I can't seem to restart windows in safe mode. I think an infection wiped out that feature. Then I opened Spybot S&D, checked for problems, and fixed everything in red. I downloaded HijackThis 2.0.2 and installed it. When I try to open it a window opens that says: "HijackThis.exe - Unable To Locate Component. This application has failed to start because MSVBVM60.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem." So I re-installed it but that didn't fix it. So here I am with no HJT log. I could paste my Kaspersky log here except when I tried I got an error saying that my message was 20455 characters and to shorten it to 20000. I don't have much experience with this type of thing. Sorry. If you would please, tell me what I need to do. Thanks.

katana
2008-01-30, 15:55
Hello and welcome to the forums

My name is Katana and I will be helping you to remove any infection(s) that you may have.

Please observe these rules while we work:
1. If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
2. Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
3. Please continue to respond until I give you the "All Clear"
(Just because you can't see a problem doesn't mean it isn't there)

If you can do those three things, everything should go smoothly :D

Please note that all instructions given are customised for this computer only, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.

If you think you have similar problems, please post a log in the HJT forum and wait for help.

Unless informed of in advance, failure to post replies within 5 days will result in this thread being closed.

Please attach the Kaspersky log to your reply.
You will see a button marked "Manage Attachmets" below the Submit Button for your post.