PDA

View Full Version : SD is scanning very slowly

waveslayer
2008-01-28, 23:08
I'm finding SD to be scanning really slow.
It was getting hung up at "Baciami", and other dialers, so I had it ignore all dialers.
Now the hang has simply moved to "2020".
It is not a permenant hang, just continuous stalling.

I've cleaned the fan ports, and installed the new beta v. 1.5.1.18

Any help would be appreciated.

spybotsandra
2008-01-29, 11:16
Hello,

Baciami is a rootkit.
Spybot-S&D is able to find rootkits but sometimes it is difficult to locate them because there are some hidden files.
To fix this problem there will be some innovations soon. But as a workaround you try another tool.

Sophos also has a great freeware tool (http://www.sophos.com/products/free-tools/sophos-anti-rootkit.html) for rootkits:

Gmer is also a good tool (http://www.gmer.net/index.php) against rootkits:

If you have no hidden files please delete your temporary files and try a scan in safe mode.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

spiritman
2008-02-03, 04:02
Hi I am having a problem with Spybot, I just updated to the newer version and the scanning part seems to be stuck at 29,723 or so. It won't get past that, I let it sit for 3 mins no movement. Is there anything I can do?

Thank you.

spybotsandra
2008-02-03, 13:31
Hello,

Please delete the contents of your Windows temp folder.

You can also try the following:
- select "Settings" --> "Settings" in the navigation bar on the left and untick the checkbox in front of "display confirmation dialogs"
- exit Spybot-S&D so the settings are saved
- run Spybot-S&D and "Check for problems" again

Expect it to run slowly, it appears to hang. Please be patient - it should clear with the problems fixed.

If it still doesn't work please select "Settings" --> "Settings" from the toolbar on the left. In the section "Main settings" please untick the checkbox in front of "Create system restore point when fixing spyware/usage tracks".

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot