PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a FTP link for Spybot 1.4

sys-error
2006-02-09, 20:12
In my experiences cleaning spyware for end-users remotely, sometimes the end users cannot use their browsers at all to download spybot via HTTP, and I've been looking for a (public) FTP link that I could give them that will start the download process of the latest version of spybotSD.

My google searches have not come up with anything for the past week.

Does anyone have a link to a public FTP site that will have a copy of the most up-to-date versions of spybot?

I've tried browsing to and using the built-in FTP commands with windows XP to get to ftp.download.com but permission is denied when tryign to list the directories to find the file needed.

noel-pr7
2006-02-11, 00:09
eh, dont bother looking for any FTP sites that have the latest Spybot S&D software download. there are hardly any FTP sites that have it. if there was one
I will NOT mention it here. I dont think I'm allowed to link directly to any third
party site whether HTTP or FTP that has a copy of the Spybot software. sorry.

sys-error, can you download Spybot S&D 1.4 at the official Spybot S&D web site:
http://www.spybot.info/en/mirrors/index.html

if that does not help try doing a search on the spybotsd14.exe file at the Yahoo search site.

sys-error
2006-02-14, 21:12
I was actually anticipating that kind of answer, but wished to cover my bases. Thanks for the reply though, I do appreciate it!

On this note, does anyone have any workarounds for when the browser is corrupted enough that it won't even open, short of re-imaging and/or format/reinstall of the OS?

I was thinking that using a browser that uses a different engine (firefox, if msie is corrupted for example) might work on this.