PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please help me with a virus?

salvyluc
2008-01-29, 06:33
Hi, Im not really great with computers so I hope I haven't made things impossible to fix yet. Heres what happened:

I downloaded a game, when i clicked on it, it slowed my computer right down, and then my anti-virus programs turned off. Then the computer restarted, and when it did, I was unable to connect to the internet and all my anti-virus programs won't open and I get an error that they are not valid Win32 applications. I looked around a bit on the internet for ways to get rid of this, but nothings worked, and I hope I didnt do more damage than good.

So now I'm on another computer and I've managed to get a working Anti-virus program from here onto my computer but it doesn't find any viruses. If anyone can help me with this I'd appreciate it greatly.

Sal

salvyluc
2008-01-30, 05:08
I also have found in an event log that my settings for my internet and anti-virus software were change to "disabled". And although I found srosa.sys and hldrrr.exe and deleted them, maybe that wasn't good I don't know, I also found in my registry something called LEGACY_SROSA. I'm guessing this has something to do with it, but I don't want to touch anything else yet.