PDA

View Full Version : My Computer has a Virus

ERRICAH
2008-01-29, 22:18
I am not computer savvy when it comes to viruses, malware and spyware. I am new to your website and I don't have a clue where to start. I purchased my computer a year ago and for a while it was running fine. For about four months I didn't have internet service until 12/19/07. I noticed last week that my computer is taking a long time to load to the desktop icon screen. It is also taking a long time to shut down. I am very upset because I am used to my computer moving very fast. I have used every free antivirus and spyward including yours and it doesn't seem to get rid of it. As a matter of fact it closed the program. I know that I have a virus because I used another program called Spyware doctor and that was the only one that detected it but it could not get rid of it. I am still getting pop ups, the computer is slow and it also says that Windows Index has closed. Periodically my computer shuts itself down. I have the Windows Vista 32-Bit Operating System and I am at my wits end. Luckily, I have a 15 year old son who is into computers to assist me. So whatever instructions you give me, I will give them to my son. He understands computer lingo alot better than I do. I read your website and I got CONFUSED.

tashi
2008-01-29, 23:08
Hello.

Please follow the procedure in this link:
"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22) where a helper will advise you when available.

Please be aware that at this time, once a Vista machine is infected it can be difficult to clean up.

Some tools helpers use successfully on XP operating systems during manual removals, do not yet work on Vista. Please don't try following advice given to another user in that forum. We say that anyway but it is especially important when the OS is Vista. :)

Best wishes.