PDA

View Full Version : Pc Cillin 07 and Spybot

ranger007
2008-01-30, 03:31
Hi
I would like to know whether is there still a compability issue with Spybot and Trend Micro Pc-Cillin Internet Security 2007. There was 1 previously.

I just got a new PC with Vista and also downloaded Pc-Cillin 07. Would like to make sure so that I will not get into "any hiccups" later when I install Spybot. Previously what I did was to downgrade to an older Pc-Cillin

Thanks

spybotsandra
2008-01-30, 10:37
Hello,

We are trying to solve this issue.
There's absolutely no reason to uninstall Spybot-S&D.
If some parts would conflict, just those parts could be disabled.

It seems that the problem is one of Trendmicro's processes, PcScnSrv.exe, that conflicts with our immunize feature - and Trend Micro wants to turn the immunization off.

That's the way to deactivate the immunization of Spybot-S&D:
Run Spybot-S&D, switch to the "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" --> hit "YES" --> select "Tools" in the navigation bar on the left --> "Resident" and there you can untick the checkboxes in front of "Resident SDHelper".

Please have a look at this Trend Micro support solution (http://esupport.trendmicro.com/support/viewxml.do?ContentID=EN-1033903).

I'm sorry that there is no other solution at the moment.
Please be patient, we are working on this problem.

This item has also been discussed in our forum:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=9535

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Lord Cobol
2008-05-30, 02:08
I've been using PC-cillin 2008 and Spybot for several months on XP pro with no problems.

PC-c objects to the hosts-file part of Spybot's immunization (lots of FPs), so I un-check hosts-file on the Spybot immunization screen before I immunize. And at the start I cleaned out the old hosts file entries from Spybot's hosts-file screen.

Also, both Spybot & PC-c have the ability to lock the hosts file, but I don't think you can let both do it. I'm currently letting PC-c do it thru their unauthorized change prevention screen (which incidentally seems much improved from 2007's "suspicious change prevention").

Otherwise I'm running both near maximum protection. SDHelper & Teatimer, immunizing everything except the hosts file; PC-c settings somewhat tougher than their defaults, with their "prevent unauthorized changes" on.

According to TM tech support, and other posts to this forum, I probably *should* have the slowdown problems others have reported, but I don't :). Not sure why - maybe because my Windows settings are pretty non-standard.

Many months ago I posted how I made PC-c 2007 work with Spybot. That won't work with PC-c 2008, but what I described above should also work with PC-c 2007.