PDA

View Full Version : Please help, I might have a trojan!

suellen71
2008-01-31, 01:16
Hello there,

I have had Spybot S&D for a while now and update it regularly and scan regularly too. I have AVG Internet Security on my PC.

In the last few days I have noticed my PC slowing down even more than normal and doing odd things and I run a Spybot S&D scan. The scan stopped at the numbers "99622/109540 zlock.uc" with the following 'warning'...

"There were problems in the include file c:\Program Files\Spybot-Search_Destroy\Includes\Trojans Csbi See "include errors log" for details"

I clicked ok, then the scan finished and said I had no threats
found... there were a several 'green' logs and things that came up at the end, but nothing in red. I rescanned and the same message came up at I think the same point. (Second time round I took notes.)

Can you please help and please be gentle with me, as I am not too good with all the computer jargon.

Thanks in anticipation of all your assistance.

Suellen.

suellen71
2008-02-03, 05:59
Hi there again,

Sorry I haven't been back to log my Kaspersky scan, here it is. It said the scan was clean, but I am just wondering why the objects are 'locked' and 'skipped'. I would appreciate it if you could possibly have a quick look to check it out, to put my mind at rest.

My apologies also for not seeing the thread about doing the scans before posting too. :D:

Thanks very much for your help! :bigthumb:

Suellen.

Sunday, February 03, 2008 1:17:13 PM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 5.0.98.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 2/02/2008
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 545970

Scan Settings
Scan using the following antivirus database extended
Scan Archives true
Scan Mail Bases true

Scan Target My Computer
C:\
D:\
E:\
F:\
G:\
H:\
I:\

Scan Statistics
Total number of scanned objects 114928
Number of viruses found 0
Number of infected objects 0
Number of suspicious objects 0
Duration of the scan process 02:30:55

Infected Object Name Virus Name Last Action
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SYSTEM Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SOFTWARE Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\DEFAULT Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SecEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\Internet.evt Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\OSession.evt Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\ODiag.evt Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING1.MAP Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING2.MAP Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING.VER Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.MAP Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.MAP Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.DATA Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.BTR Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles\WUDF\WUDFTrace.etl Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\h323log.txt Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\Temp\JET3A25.tmp Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\Debug\PASSWD.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\Sti_Trace.log Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\wiaservc.log Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\wiadebug.log Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Support\MPLog-01202008-234224.log Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg7\Log\emc.log Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data\avg7log.log.lck Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data\AvgFwLog.log.lck Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data\AvgFwLog.log Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data\avg7log.log Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Temp\JET3D74.tmp Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Temp\~DF486B.tmp Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Temp\~DF652B.tmp Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Temp\~DFED70.tmp Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Temp\~DFED77.tmp Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\AntiPhishing\B3BB5BBA-E7D5-40AB-A041-A5B1C0B26C8F.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Defender\FileTracker\{4E77725E-AF4F-40AC-A8C9-5F1B5E411583} Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Application Data\ApplicationHistory\hpqgalry.exe.cf8dd223.ini.inuse Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Application Data\HP\Digital Imaging\db\CB_Server_Errors.txt Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Application Data\HP\Digital Imaging\db\administrativeInfo.dbf Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Application Data\HP\Digital Imaging\db\pathnameTable.dbf Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Application Data\HP\Digital Imaging\db\pathnameTable.cdx Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Application Data\HP\Digital Imaging\db\imageTable.dbf Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Application Data\HP\Digital Imaging\db\imageTable.cdx Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Application Data\HP\Digital Imaging\db\albumTable.dbf Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Application Data\HP\Digital Imaging\db\albumTable.cdx Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Application Data\HP\Digital Imaging\db\albumImagesTable.dbf Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Application Data\HP\Digital Imaging\db\albumImagesTable.cdx Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Application Data\HP\Digital Imaging\db\keywordTable.dbf Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Application Data\HP\Digital Imaging\db\keywordTable.cdx Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Application Data\HP\Digital Imaging\db\keywordImagesTable.dbf Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Application Data\HP\Digital Imaging\db\keywordImagesTable.cdx Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Application Data\HP\Digital Imaging\db\managedFolderTable.dbf Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Application Data\HP\Digital Imaging\db\EXIFTable.dbf Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Application Data\HP\Digital Imaging\db\EXIFTable.cdx Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Application Data\HP\Digital Imaging\db\ROFTable.dbf Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Application Data\HP\Digital Imaging\db\ROFTable.cdx Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Application Data\HP\Digital Imaging\db\ROFImagesTable.dbf Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Application Data\HP\Digital Imaging\db\ROFImagesTable.cdx Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Local Settings\Application Data\HP\Digital Imaging\db\imageTable.fpt Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Suellen Dalton\Application Data\Microsoft\MSNLiveFav\LiveFavorites.xml Object is locked skipped

C:\Program Files\acer\Acer eConsole\AcerDB.mdb Object is locked skipped

C:\Program Files\acer\Acer eConsole\AcerDB.ldb Object is locked skipped

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{32C1D3EE-62E1-4318-A1DD-66D71B99ADB2}\RP498\change.log Object is locked skipped

Scan process completed.

pskelley
2008-02-03, 14:14
G'Day and Welcome to Safer Networking, I wish to be sure you have viewed and understand this information.
"BEFORE you POST" (READ this Procedure before Requesting Assistance)
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
All advice given is taken at your own risk.
Please make sure you have read this information so we are on the same page.

Hi Suellen, you must have missed the part about the HJT log. Kaspersky is showing nothing so it is not likely you have a trojan. From what you posted, I am going to suggest that when you have questions about Spybot, you post them here:
http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=4
Those experts work with Spybot all of the time, while we here concern ourselves with malware removal. Why do you think you have a trojan? Describe any symptoms you are having and post a HJT log and I will take a look.

Download Trend Micro Hijack This™
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/hijackthis/HJTInstall.exe
Doubleclick the HJTInstall.exe to start it.
By default it will install HijackThis in the Program Files\Trendmicro folder and create a desktop shortcut.
HijackThis will open after install. Press the Scan button below.
This will start the scan and open a log.
Copy and paste the contents of the log in your next reply.

Cheers...Phil

suellen71
2008-02-03, 16:36
Hello again,

Here is the Hijack This log file from the scan... Thank you for your help once again. I had an idea that I may have a trojan from the 'warning' message that Spybot S&D was giving me that I mentioned in my first post in this thread. Spybot has scanned ok the last couple of days though. I had a feeling when Kaspersky scanned clean, that things may be ok.

Other symptoms I have had were that my computer has been running slowly and the other day, Internet Explorer and one or two other programs just 'shut down' and closed on their own. I am thinking that maybe my computer was low on virtual memory. I have stopped several programs starting up with windows, but I still get the 'windows virtual memory is too low' message.

Hope to hear from you soon, maybe with some ideas :-)

Suellen.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 1:24:05 AM, on 2/4/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16574)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgrssvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\acer\Acer eConsole\MediaServerService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgrssvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgfwsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\VTTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer eConsole\MediaSync.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Acer\eRecovery\Monitor.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer eMode Management\AspireService.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSOFFICE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\FINDFAST.EXE
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqgalry.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLLoginProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.aapt.com.au/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: dsWebAllowBHO Class - {2F85D76C-0569-466F-A488-493E6BD0E955} - C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\dsWebAllow.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar4.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\2.0.1121.2472\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Toolbar Helper - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Windows Live Toolbar - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar4.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTimer] VTTimer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCSuiteTrayApplication] C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\LaunchApplication.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ntiMUI] c:\Program Files\NewTech Infosystems\NTI CD & DVD-Maker 7\ntiMUI.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSPY2002] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\PINTLGNT\ImScInst.exe /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MediaSync] C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer eConsole\MediaSync.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LaunchApp] Alaunch
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eRecoveryService] C:\Program Files\Acer\eRecovery\Monitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AspireService] C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer eMode Management\AspireService.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe" AcRdB7_0_8 -reboot 1
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Windows Desktop Search.lnk = C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Office Startup.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSOFFICE.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Find Fast.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\FINDFAST.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: HP Image Zone Fast Start.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqthb08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &eBay Search - res://C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTb.dll/RCSearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &ninemsn Search - res://C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\TB\02.05.0000.1082\en-au\msntb.dll/search.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Windows Live Search - res://C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll/search.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Windows &Live Favorites - http://favorites.live.com/quickadd.aspx
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {0742B9EF-8C83-41CA-BFBA-830A59E23533} (Microsoft Data Collection Control) - https://support.microsoft.com/OAS/ActiveX/MSDcode.cab
O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/english/kavwebscan_unicode.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://by114fd.bay114.hotmail.msn.com/resources/MsnPUpld.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: avgwlntf - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\avgwlntf.dll
O23 - Service: Acer Media Server - Acer Inc. - C:\Program Files\acer\Acer eConsole\MediaServerService.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Resident Shield Service (AvgCoreSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgrssvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Firewall (AVGFwSrv) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgfwsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia. - C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe

--
End of file - 11646 bytes

pskelley
2008-02-03, 17:06
Thanks for returning your HJT log and the feedback. I saw that item Spybot stopped on when I scanned yesterday. You are running version 1.5, updated and fully immunized...correct?

You HJT log is clean of malware, but I will make a few suggestions that should help. While time constraints will not allow me to look at everything you are running. I would first look at your running process to see what is starting at every boot that does not need to. For instance, you start this:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\FINDFAST.EXE
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/Findfast.exe-2855.html

Have a look at this information:
http://www.netsquirrel.com/msconfig/msconfig_xp.html

The more programs you start everytime, the slower boot time and programs that are running but not needed are using those resources you talked about. I can provide link to information where you can research every item if you wish. Do not turn off any security programs.

Next is RAM, I was having similiar issues and kicked my RAM up to 1.25 GB's and all issues stopped, plus overall performance improved. How much RAM do you have installed.

This is some very good information I suggest you review carefully:
http://users.telenet.be/bluepatchy/miekiemoes/slowcomputer.html

I also suggest you run a free diagnostic here:
http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/
If you register (free) your records are maintained for referring back to and you can also post a link to the Test Results which I would be glad to look at and advise you.
I like to mention that I do not suggest you purchase anything, they are in business but I believe you will benefit from the free diagnostic.

See this: http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=12880&postcount=2
Check your Java program, I believe you need an update.

When was the last time you cleaned good and ran maintenance programs? The diagnostic will tell us. Here is a nice free cleaning tool I suggest:
http://www.atribune.org/content/view/19/2/
or you can use: http://spyware-free.us/tutorials/cleanmgr/

Let know if I can do more.

Cheers...Phil

suellen71
2008-02-04, 12:46
Hi there Phil,

Thanks so much for all your help... I thought I might just let you know that I am currently downloading the current version of Java and in the process of doing all the checks you have recommended. I have been so busy the last couple of days, it's been hard to get back to my PC!

I will get back to you when I have finished the checks and let you know how it all went!

Thanks again,

Suellen. :bigthumb:

pskelley
2008-02-04, 12:55
Good morning Suellen:) I will post closing information now so you can benefit from it.

For your information:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/mcgill1.mspx

Here is some great information from experts in this field that will help you stay clean and safe online.
http://users.telenet.be/bluepatchy/miekiemoes/prevention.html
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=279
http://russelltexas.com/malware/allclear.htm
http://forum.malwareremoval.com/viewtopic.php?t=14
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topict2520.html
http://cybercoyote.org/security/not-admin.shtml

Thanks...pskelley
Safer Networking Forums
http://www.spybot.info/en/donate/index.html
If you are reading this information...thank a teacher,
If you are reading it in English...thank a soldier.