PDA

View Full Version : Teatimer "blocked processes"

cel01
2005-11-05, 01:53
I am new to using the teatimer feature.

Should there be anything listed in the settings "blocked processes" window?

Thanks
Take Care
Cel

Lester
2005-11-05, 02:19
I am new to using the teatimer feature.

Thanks
Take Care
Cel

Only if you denied a change and checkmark the "remember this decision" setting then there will be listing.:)

md usa spybot fan
2005-11-05, 02:59
Actually "Blocked processes" (and "Allowed processes") are lists that are rarely populated in the normal use of TeaTimer. Personally I have never had a "process" blocked by TeaTimer.

TeaTimer performs two distinct functions:
TeaTimer Processes Monitor.

TeaTimer monitors processes that are called or initiated in the system. If the process being called or initiated matches a list of known malicious processes in Spypot’s detection files, the process is terminated and an alert is issued in the form of a pop-up dialog to notify you and allow you to make choices as to how to handle the same process during future detections. TeaTimer terminates the application before asking because threats like toll dialers are time critical - they have to be terminated before they can connect.

TeaTimer Registry Monitor.

TeaTimer monitors approximately 35 system Registry keys such as System Startup, ActiveX Distribution Unit, Browser page and Browser Helper Object and allows the user to make decisions about whether or not to allow those registry changes.

Not unless you had a notification from the TeaTimer facility that monitors process initiation (vs. registry changes) indicating that a process had been terminated and you used the "Automatically kill this process" or "Allow this process to run ( NOT RECCOMMENDED)" options.